Thumbs up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Another great moot! Home 1am, hospital 8am, 2nd hospital by 9am. Out by 12, seeing plastic surgeon tomorrow around 12. So this moot currently gets three thumbs up! Steve if you can PM the pics I'll add them to the collection for a what not to do with a leatherman!

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
Hey, I hope you are OK Tim. I had to leave on Tuesday morning as my daughter had to go to hospital (she is on the mend now thankfully). Sorry I did not get a chance to see the death ray in action.

Take it easy buddy.

George

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
No worries mate, yes, we only used it the once on the first day! Doesn't matter, hope to bring it next year and have some sun to use it with :)

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Been told that I was very lucky to be using such a sharp knife by the surgeon. Missed all the nerves, artery and the bone! Just flesh and a bit of nail injured. Few stitches and was out of theatre within 15 minutes

Last edited:

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Glad to hear things are OK Tim
You had us worried there for a bit!
Be interested to see how it looks next year

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
we could have sorted that for you...

I was figuring you'd have your own in built root scraper for splitting and lashing....Umm, hope that makes sense :D

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Good to hear Tim
Lesson learnt I hope - and for anyone else reading this too. Learn through Tim's loss of blood and not your own!

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
To be honest, the only thing I've learnt is to not use folding knives! The irony of just saying the words "I don't like folding knifes because the slightest mistake and you'll stick it through your hand" was never truer.

Don't talk whilst knifing things perhaps :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE