The Hunter-Gatherer Way by Ffyona Campbell.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Wasn't it her who falsified her book about walking around the world "solo" ????? Turned out to be a load of lies ??

She never wrote a book about her first walk across the US but did mention the 3 times she accepted a lift from her support team due to illness (becoming pregnant and then having a termination) in her book 'The Whole Story'. The amount she accepted lifts totalled about 50 miles... out of a total of about 15,000 miles walked

After she'd finished the last leg she went back to the US and completed the walk solo. She did that despite being told by the Guiness Book of Records it wasn't necessary as she had actually walked more miles than was required to be considered for walking round the world.

As far as they were concerned her claim to have walked round the world was totally valid despite the lifts she had.

Last edited:

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Well, it seems you've read at least one other book of hers, Steve, which I haven't. I like the sample and have bought the book ... but ... it's not a bushie "how-to" book but philosophical, which I love. It's also about her own feelings and experiences not what the "perceived wisdom" is - which I also like! If you want to re-read the next version of regurgitated wisdom about hunter-gatherers then DON'T get this book, you'll hate it! So far, I'm loving it :).

Edit; and ta very muchley for the heads-up, Steve :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE