The Great Hook Knife Passaround

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Having read the comments and from the experience I got from the use of these knives I am going to modify my own knife to narrow the blade remove the tip and fit a longer handle.

I will post pictures.

Aug 23, 2008
Bournemouth
Hi Guys, this is my first post so please go gentle with me, I apologise if any of my questions have already been asked.
I have just started enjoying carving and have been starting with the obligatory spoon route (3 done). I bought a double edged Frosts knife and then a single but was advised that there are no left handed versions available. Having completed a course with Woodsmoke I know of Ben Orford and sent an email but have recieved no response in the intervening fortnight, perhaps he is away. Does anyone know where else I could try to obtain a left handed crook knife? Preferably with a smaller curve to it than the Frosts knifes have.
Secondly, does one need to treat spoons with anything prior to using them for eating? I just wonder whether certain woods contain anything that is toxic (other than Yew) or taint the food?

Thank you for any help you can give me, I look forward to becoming a regular poster here.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE