Thanking some of The Unusual Suspects

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
On behalf of The City of Coventry Scout County Leader Training Team I would like to take this opportunity to thank MartinK9, Nolightweight and Twodogs for their help this past weekend.

The first weekend of each October is Coventry's Scout County Leader Skills Weekend and is intended to be a way of Leaders getting together to social network, try new skills, pick up helpful hints and tips, do some module work/gain module validation(s) etc.

This year I was asked if I would like to bring in people to help pass on some woodland skills*. I broached the subject with the RC Meet regulars and found that the idea was a go'er :cool: .

* Don't mention Kazoo's - I did once, but I think I got away with it :nono: .

The weekend started _well_ - the curse of Twang Twang reared its ugly head with a good long down-pour :yikes: Ah well, it's hardly a proper scouting camp if it isn't raining :lmao: . Now those already in the know will understand that precipitation/humidity isn't the best best back drop to introducing people to bow drill :campfire: and although Saturday was pretty dry, the ground was still sodden and all who attempted in the first two sessions 'deferred success'. This was solely due to the site doing a fair impression of a swimming pool for the bulk of the weekend :canoe: :yikes: .

Even in the face of adversity The Unusual Suspects never waivered from their faith in the path and by late afternoon there were two more people who had joined the ranks of successful fire by friction :35: - so congratulations go to Larry and Dave (now renamed Quark).

The opportunity to have a go at fire by friction was a much talked about subject at the evenings BBQ is likely to be requested for next year goodjob .

Once again guys, thank you :You_Rock_

Did someone mention kazoo's? :yikes: :lmao:

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Weather was no problems for us in this:

mylavvu2.jpg

Heated with this:

mylavvu3.jpg

and us fuelled with this:

stewanddumplings.jpg

Glad to of helped out Phil :)

Last edited:

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Count me in for next time Dec. I was demoing all weekend im afraid. After 22 sucessfull bow drill fires, It finally got the better of me too by 5pm Sun! Damp was an understatement.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE