Tentipi Zirkon 7 and Frontier Stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 28, 2014
Yorkshire
Thought I`d share my new purchase(s) with you all. After being sat on the sofa with a back injury and many hours of internet searching, I decided to buy a Tentipi Zirkon 7.

Youtube shows a few videos but nothing major in the UK. As I live up in the North of England, the nearest place being Edinburgh, and with all the voting going on, I didnt want to go that far, added I may have had to seek refuge in the English Embassy in the Capital, if it was a YES vote!!

I did a fair bit of internet searching and price comparsion, from all over Europe. Germany came out on top. But with the postage and credit card fees I would save about £200.

So, wanting to keep my cash in the UK, I contacted Taunton Leisure, and emailed a guy called Matt. I explained the searching, and he instantly took off £150. After some ranglings, we agreed on the price, though did throw in a wooden Pole floor accessory and a few little bits.

The TIPI is the best thing I`ve ever bought! Its amazing, well build and quality through and through.

You will see from the Pics, I bought a Frontier Stove to compliment it, and alothough the paint peeled off the first one, Anevay replaced it without question, saying there was a manufactoring issue, as they have painted the newer ones with a higher temp paint (600oC )

The stove is brilliant , and pumps out some right heat. ( pic shows 250oC)

Slept in it once with the stove going, and on camp beds, best ever nights sleep I`ve had. Toasty and warm all night. ( had to get up at 4.30am for a natural call, then slap some more logs in and away we went again)

I`m thinking of renting it out, as they are expensive, and might just give people the idea if they like it or not for the eventual purchase.

Let me know if you think its a good idea added any insurance companies that do Rental insurance!

Thanks for reading , Al :cool:

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Hi Al,
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have started off on the right foot. Just a note, you won"t be able to post up pics until you have a few posts under your belt. (it's only 4 or 6 or something).
Glad you like the Zirkon, i have just acquired a Safir 9cp from here and love it to bits and am just waiting for the frontier to complete the set.
As for renting it out, i'd be very cautious as, with a tent and fire, the chances of damage is pretty high and i'm sure you'd be gutted with even a small burn or tear (i know i would be).
Can't wait for your pics to be put up.
Enjoy your tent.

Baggins

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE