Swiss army penknife trick incase you didn’t know

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'd like to see the knot on the pin.

D'you know ? I was wondering that?
I sew constantly, I have innumerable pins, and bent ones end up in the Dead Sharp Things wee tub to be carefully disposed of later.
I thought I might give that bent hook a try, but then I couldn't work out how to thread onto the head of the pin securely. I reckoned I needed to turn it into an eye somehow.

Haven't played around with it yet, but it's food for thought.

M

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
D'you know ? I was wondering that?
I sew constantly, I have innumerable pins, and bent ones end up in the Dead Sharp Things wee tub to be carefully disposed of later.
I thought I might give that bent hook a try, but then I couldn't work out how to thread onto the head of the pin securely. I reckoned I needed to turn it into an eye somehow.

Haven't played around with it yet, but it's food for thought.

M

Have a Google search for tying spade end hooks..... I reckon that would work but it's not the same as in the video.

Reactions: Toddy

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
As Robbi says, there are spade shank hooks - think more like splicing the end of a rope than tying a knot; though, I confess, it's been a very long time since I last tied one :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE