swedish army trangia non stick??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 5, 2008
Datchet
I'm currently considering the swedish army trangia, they look quite good and at £10 I'm not just talking bout the price.

Just curious if there is a non stick option for the frying pan. I like a fry up in the morning while out and about and eggs sticking to the pan can just ruin a perfectly nice day:( . Could try poached eggs I spose!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
The SS versions were £12.50 on eBay a few weeks ago, they do crop up from time to time. The pan is too small for anything more than a couple of sausage to be honest. Keep an eye out for a real Trangia, they are much better, and you can use the pots over a fire and a hanging bale if you like

eBay 30283676287 type of thing

Feb 5, 2008
Datchet
The SS versions were £12.50 on eBay a few weeks ago, they do crop up from time to time. The pan is too small for anything more than a couple of sausage to be honest. Keep an eye out for a real Trangia, they are much better, and you can use the pots over a fire and a hanging bale if you like

eBay 30283676287 type of thing

Didnt think of ebay, dont know why I practically live there. yes there is at least one i've just found. Re a real trangia ye I know what you mean but its the price I like. The real tangias are expensive.

The ebay number you gave by the way didnt return anything when I put it in ebay.

Thanks

BushTucker

Settler
Feb 3, 2007
Weymouth
Hi all, I have what i think is an origional sweedish army trangia, i think it is stainless too, and would you believe it along with a few other items were going on the bay this weekend.

I can stick a magnet on the 2 cooking pots and it will stick to it, the outer case with the holes is not magnetic, it also has 3 crowns and 5116 cr "or" cn stamped inside the pots.

Has 2 burners, 1 is the origional minus the rubber "O" ring and the other was a spare i picked up, it also has the origional meths bottle.

The outside paint job is not too shoddy for i suppose the age and use i have given it.
It was going on the bay as i wanted to get funds towards another type of stove.

If this is what pepes are looking for then if you want it make me an offer or a realistic swappy.

Don

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
iv got the stainless steel vertion of the swedish army trangia and am loving it! imo non-stick is a bit unessassary, nothing has ever stuck to mine. i would avoid non stick as it tends to get scratched and then sticks worse than plain steel alone, well thats my experience, maby better quality doesnt? imo SS is far better than aluminium as it is more tolerent to fire and it is much harder to scratch. the pan is a bit small for fried eggs but scrambled eggs still work well:)

pete

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
I find If you use more butter or oil than usual the egg cooks on top of the oil rather than sticking, works pretty well for me!

Dec 16, 2007
I have just got one from http://www.genuinearmysurplus.co.uk for £8.50 + P&P of £5.99

The only one I could find on E bay is over the £10 mark now.

Thanks for the link

One happy camper.

Update. I ordered this at 15:30 on tuesday and it has turned up on my doorstep at 11:30 the next day now that is service.
The trangia is a thinner stainless steel than I have seen pictures of before and does not weigh that much more than the ali one.
This seems more bomb proof than the Ali ones.

I have nothing to do with the shop blah blah blah

Well happy

Swampy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE