Surrey/Hampshire Border Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Emdiesse

Settler
Jan 9, 2005
Surrey, UK
Hi All,

I looked back for Surrey meetups on here but the thread is oh so very old so I thought I'd make a new one. I'm based in Guildford and am keen to meet others in and around the area who are also interested in Bushcraft.

I've had a good scour around for a place to meet and saw a nice looking farm/campsite which according to the website is £5 per person per night and has a number of attractive features:
Canoeing on the River Way
Archery Range
Woodland & Heathland Walks
A forge - which at the moment is not really in use as there tenant is leaving and moving to France - so they are looking for a new tenant (In case anyone is looking...?)

Activities are labelled at £5 per person
A fire pit for the weekend would cost £5

All in all, the rates seem reasonable and I have contacted them to see if they'd be happy to host a bunch of bushcrafters and they seemed happy so long as we camp in tents and don't go foraging!

The place is Mellow Farm Adventure, the website is here http://www.mellowfarmadventure.co.uk/

Dates, has to be after May 1st and before end of September and it is weekend only camping and you may arrive earliest Friday 12:30pm - although I suspect 1 Saturday night would be ideal for a brief weekend meet!

Cheers,
Matt

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Hi Matt (& Dave :) thanks !), you would be very welcome to come along to the field archery / bushcrafty day on Sunday 19th April.

The farm sounds nice and i might be up for an overnighter. As always it depends on dates, so keep us posted!

Cheers, Bob

Last edited:

mutineer

Apr 30, 2013
Hampshire
Hi Matt,

I am based in Farnborough at the moment. I am very interested to meet at some point.
My life is currently up in the air at the moment but with a house sale going through soon (fingers crossed) I am hoping to buy a bell tent and, if funds stretch, a canoe.
PM me if you come up with a date or if you just want to chat about some possibilities of getting outdoors more often.
PS- Guildford mountaineering club do some wild camping if that is of interest to you.

Nick

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Hi Matt,

I'm in the area too but didn't know of that site, thanks for sharing. I'm pretty busy as a rule but if I'm free when you post the dates I'd love to come along. I'm going to Bob's archery day so maybe see you there.
Looking at the farm's website, that's definitely a place to take the family camping in the summer, again....thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

Bam. :)

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
This sounds interesting and should not be too far from me as I am bit south of Guildford on the Surrey/Sussex border. I can bring a canoe and would be interested in seeing a date for this.

You are welcome to come along to our next meet of the Sussex BCUK Group at Broadstone Warren camp in Forest Row at the end of this month:

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130830&p=1632840#post1632840

This time we hope to BBQ lots of interesting types of meats from a website that one of our regulars found:

http://www.exoticmeats.co.uk/BBQ-exotic-meat-pack.html

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE