Sold...sold...sold..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Salaud

Nomad
Aug 24, 2011
isle of man
I was trying to sell this, but seeing as I will probably only use the cash to get an airgun, I thought a swap might be a good idea, I am looking for something along the lines of a weihrauch or an air ams or maybe a gas ram theoben,, hey... whatever you got try me .

here are a few pics, but it is real hard to take decent pics of what is after all a stick !!! albeit a very expensive stick :)If I dont reply to pm`s immediately dont worry I certainly will do its just I am not always near a computer on a daily basis.
View attachment 22935View attachment 22936View attachment 22937

MADE BY WELL RESPECTED ENGLISH BOWYER NICK TOY FOR ME AROUND JULY THIS YEAR

SPECIFICATIONS

IPE AND HICKORY

IT PULLS 64 lbs AT 28 INCHES AND WILL GO TO 70lb AT 30 INCHES

IT IS 76 INCHES LONG AND THE STRING HEIGHT IS 61/2 INCHES

IT HAS A BONE ARROW PASS FOR A RIGHT HANDED ARCHER AND HORN NOCKS

YOU CAN ALSO HAVE MY STRING KEEPER AND A PARACORD STRINGER.

PERFORMANCE

I HAVE ALWAYS SHOT MY OWN ARROWS AND IT HAPPILY SENDS 11/32 OR 3/8 ARROWS OVER 200 YARDS WITH REGULARITY,

I DARE SAY IT MAY EVEN EXCEED THIS IF YOU HAVE TIME TO MATCH THE ARROWS PRECISELY TO IT.

IT IS SMOOTH AND PROGRESSIVE TO PULL AND DOES NOT STACK.

IT HAS BEEN DESIGNED AND TILLERED TO BE A FULL COMPASS BOW A LA MARY ROSE WARBOWS INDEED IT IS BEST TO THINK OF THIS AS A LIGHTWEIGHT WARBOW

AND AS SUCH WOULD MAKE AN EXCELLENT INTRODUCTION TO SOMEONE WANTING TO STEP UP TO A WARBOW BUT WANTING SOMETHING LESS CHALLENGING THAN A 100lb PLUS EWB

ABOUT THE BOWYER

EXCERPT FROM AN ONLINE REVIEW

The design is all Nick, the bow looks flatter than most bows but still conforms to the accepted definition that the bows depth should be 5/8 of it's width, it's still D shaped in a squashy way - it seems that most organisations have their own definitions and happily this bow gets a clean bill of health as regards them - I mention this as Nick is somewhat unorthodox in his design and I suspect slightly contrary ( it takes one to know one !). I completely understand where Nick is coming from as I am like this with arrows, my arrows are plain... you can't see the work that has gone into them until you shoot them... so it is with Nicks' bows there is no flashy gold braid or fancy stitched handle, no gleaming mother of pearl or super polished bits it looks nice enough but it gets your respect when you shoot it.

Normally I do a little speed test but Longbows are different to other bows, they are hard enough to shoot well so the speed issue isn't critical, more important will be smoothness and handshock, English Longbows were not designed to be shockless so it is with surprise that I find this bow shooting with less shock than I would expect from a medium heavy bow, I guess it has something to do with the distribution of weight through the bow and the way the limbs work... I say I am guessing because unlike Nick I don't have 20 years bowyer experience behind me and in the end it's the bowyers experience you are paying for.

DELIVERY

THIS HAS TO GO VIA COURIER AND THE ONLY ONES WHO WILL TAKE IT TELL ME THEY WILL NOT INSURE IT !!! BUT HEY.. IT GOT HERE EASILY ENOUGH AND I WILL PACK IT CAREFULLY, IT IS BUILT LIKE A TANK SO SHOULD BE OK

BUT IF YOU WANT TO SORT YOUR OWN INSURANCE PLEASE FEEL FREE
This is going to cost me £40 to ship to a UK address !!!!!!!

Last edited:

Salaud

Nomad
Aug 24, 2011
isle of man
Interesting Dave..unfortunately being on an offshore island our options tend to be somewhat limited,I have been through every courier company and indeed the quote I have got involved pulling in a favour, a lot of them actually refused to ship "the stick" as it is a weapon, "err no m8 I said its a stick" finally we agreed that if it had no string then its just a stick....unbelievable, what a world we live in, apparently its because everything which leaves here goes on a plane..But I will certainly pay for it by credit card..
Cheers

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Interesting Dave..unfortunately being on an offshore island our options tend to be somewhat limited,I have been through every courier company and indeed the quote I have got involved pulling in a favour, a lot of them actually refused to ship "the stick" as it is a weapon, "err no m8 I said its a stick" finally we agreed that if it had no string then its just a stick....unbelievable, what a world we live in, apparently its because everything which leaves here goes on a plane..But I will certainly pay for it by credit card..
Cheers

Were they worried a longbow, unstrung might go off all by its own in the plane hold? Brilliant aren't they.
A good protection is a length of drain pipe and pad the bow well within it. Adds to the weight but its pretty bomb proof. Probably shouldn't mention that either ;)
Saying that bomb proof does not mean courier proof just ask Yarrow on here. Had a beautiful longbow destroyed gawd knows how by a shipping company.

Salaud

Nomad
Aug 24, 2011
isle of man
Yep it is sat in a pipe, so I am quite happy that it will get through the system unmarked, when I got it it was just sent in bubblewrap and was unscathed!!..I'm sure when they sell the royal fail it will get much worse, I sent a bergen via the post today, The woman behind the counter was muttering that the scales wouldnt give a constant reading,"Is there something alive in there"she says "Uh yeah, 3 baby monkeys each holding some nicad batteries and with a stick of semtex up their arses" I replied "Ok, same as usual then?"...Its a good job they know me in there..:lmao:

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
Upper Nithsdale, Dumfriesshire
Were they worried a longbow, unstrung might go off all by its own in the plane hold? Brilliant aren't they.
A good protection is a length of drain pipe and pad the bow well within it. Adds to the weight but its pretty bomb proof. Probably shouldn't mention that either ;)
Saying that bomb proof does not mean courier proof just ask Yarrow on here. Had a beautiful longbow destroyed gawd knows how by a shipping company.

He's not the only one :(

Salaud

Nomad
Aug 24, 2011
isle of man
Does anyone have any interest in this? Or am I wasting my time..? Maybe swap for something else..just need to shift it as it never gets used.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Maybe post a rough idea of trade cost? It looks like a nice bow but some better pictures may help even if you just call it a stick ;-)
Also have to consider posting an air rifle out to the IOM selling it for cash might be easier.
Free bump on me.

Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
a stick ;-).
love it, that's the spirit Dwardo

I got some err stuff sent over here from the US. the bloke at the other end just marked up the box as tools.:)sweet

I have a AirArms Pro Spot 177 that I am trying to sell but I have a Flat bow and a Recurve but a Longbow might be nice ,So just out of intrest whats the trade value on the Bow, PM me if you want Bro...

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE