Smiley's breaks post?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I found it doesn't like cut-and-paste smileys. So, if you've written your post in Word, say, with smileys in and paste that into the thread it throws a wobbly. If you edit them out and add the ones available from the top of your post window (click the three vertical dots to get access) it should work.

For a basic smiling smiley just type : followed by ) :)

I dare say the same problem may exist with smileys generated by some other editor as well.

So, yes you can use smileys!

Reactions: Toddy

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Indeed!
If you use the on board smilies all is well.

Well it is until you use the ones beyond the BcUk list. They fill the whole screen.

If I try to use the emoticons and smilies generated by my iPhone the server won’t take them and I get the Oops message and get put in a corner for thirty seconds.

I was trying to take screen shots to demonstrate where the BcUK smiles are hiding but the bar is greyed out to me at the moment. Dunno why.

Last edited:

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Well that’s fine for you!!! :( :(

Edit - I can put them up if I know the code but the tool bar is greyed out. The greyed bar works to the extent that I can drop the sub menu with smileys and tables etc but none of them are operating. I can’t link to text, format text or insert tables either.
I have just done a major iPhone update 17.1.1 - that probably upset a few things and there will be a queue of updates following while they work out the bugs.

:mad:
(cut and pasted from @Robbi )

Last edited:
  • Sad

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
I’m sure that I wrote thanks for these codes but I can’t see where I said it.

So

Thanks very much for these codes. I shall keep them.

Do you know who created the BcUK set of emojies? I recognise the style from another site.

Again, my thanks.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE