Singer 15 k 80 Lockstitch Sewing Machine

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Hi all.............Yeah, it's great that it's being used, can't wait to see a MAD tipi.............I'm glad it's working well for you - they really do SING along, don't they? Imagine how much better again the 201k is...........If you ever get offered one of those....................atb mac

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Now that's a happy result :D

I made a witch's hat cone for a tipi years ago, I found that the hooping sold for bride dresses underskirts was the best thing I could find to keep the shape and stop it flattening out agin the tipi in a wind. Rigelene boning it's called. Cheap as chips, long lasting plastic and won't keep the bottom rim sodden wet either.
I admit that I'd be tempted to make one of the porches that the commercial tipi manufacturers make for over the doorway though. In our sodden wet climate, that wee bit of dry standing at the door is a blessing. Besides, they can also be used to join tipis together.....so the kids have a sleeping area or there's a seperate space just for storage of stuff not in immediate use.

Interested to see what you make though :D

cheers,
Mary

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Ah thanks for the idea Toddy, there is a bridal shop in the next village, will be paying them a visit, today we went to the local pine forest and got us some newly fallen trees to make into poles they are not in the best condition but they will do for the moment, when we move on to reclaimed canvas we will go to the timber yard and get some decent poles.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
You got her exactly!...................Picture arrived today and I'm over the moon - it's Molly to a tee!.............I'm really made up with that, what a great trade, that's how it SHOULD be, thankyou very much............I'm gonna think long and hard about a good way to frame this drawing with stuff from the woods we use most often, no idea how but it'll be a good challenge, eh? If what you make with the Singer is half as good as this picture you'll be living in a palace! All the best to you, and let me know what you end up making..................Molly ( and mac )

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE