Silver Hill Tumulus

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
I noticed we have a member called Silverhill Forge last night which has prompted this post :-
If ever I'm going to Bradford, Leeds or Halifax from where I live near Skipton I go the scenic route over the tops, dropping down to Ponden, before Stanbury, quite often 2 or 3 times a year, for the last dozen years or more, there's been a different "for sale" sign at the end of the track to Silver Hill Farm
SilverHillmap.jpg

and I've joked the place must be haunted as no one stays long. I was looking at an old ordinance survey map the other week and it had Tumulus marked at Silver Hill, It's not on the modern maps but if they can't be bothered with the field walls I guess a Tumulus has no chance. On going to look it's there in plain sight I've just never noticed it in 50 years of passing !
Tumulus.jpg

aerial photo from Where's the path photo link
I can't find much out about it only a reference to buried Silver treasure from the Scotch 45 rebellion
treasure link
When I took this photo (29/07/10) there was a "for sale" sign at the end of the track.
Maybe a good Bivy spot Full Moon - Foggy night :yikes:
just thought I'd share cheers all Danny

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE