silk sleeping bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Just bought a silk sleeping bag/ liner for a lightweight bag for £9.99 in Lidl's.
Good size, roomy on my 6' son, weighs next to nothing and seems like good quality silk.
Bargain :)
They also had a full size *thermarest* (feels heavy, I wouldn't like to carry it far) for £12.99 too.

Cheers,
Toddy

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Good buy! I saw them too and was very annoyed having spent £15 on a silk liner from Singapore on ebay. The outdoor shops charge £25 to £30 of course.

Not particularly bushcrafty but they are also doing good quality 12 volt portable power supplies for £14.99 - useful for powering electrical things outdoors like tent lights. They contain a 7 amp/hour sealed lead acid gel battery so are quite heavy.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
stotRE said:
is that lidl's as in the food shop/supermarket?

Uhuh, :) It seems to be their camping fortnight, they even have a folding shovel for £2.99, trekking sandals, lanterns, tents, etc., and I bought a pair of outdoorswear (sic) trousers that zip off to become shorter or shorts and are sf40 proof for £6.99.....I only went in to buy salad stuffs :confused:

Cheers,
Toddy

I bet your misses loves you when she sends you off to do the weekly shop and you come back fully kitted out lol
Its a good job we shop at tescos ,well apart from me coming back with cheep patio furniture............nooooooooooo....and cheap cd's...nooooooooooo and a new thermos mug every other week no stop it lol.
Thats why were filing for a divorce and i live in a cardboard box.......lol.

allanscot

Apr 15, 2005
Scotland
I tried the liner out last night, they are very good for the money. They had 40gram radios with a built in light for 99p as well.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
stotRE said:
I bet your misses loves you when she sends you off to do the weekly shop and you come back fully kitted out lol
Its a good job we shop at tescos ,well apart from me coming back with cheep patio furniture............nooooooooooo....and cheap cd's...nooooooooooo and a new thermos mug every other week no stop it lol.
Thats why were filing for a divorce and i live in a cardboard box.......lol.

Ooops, should have made it clear, sorry. I *am* the missus :) My husband however, is very patient and understanding.....just as well really :D it's amazing how fast dinner can become surreal! Besides, I Iet him try the silk sleeping bag first ;)

Sorry about the divorce, stotRE
Cheers,
Toddy

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
Like Toddy I bought the liner from lidl as well, tried it out in the living room. Doesn't half keep you warm, I was quite surprised. My wife is going to try and get another one or two for when she comes camping with me - she hates being cold.
As Toddy says they are reasonable quality silk and to my eyes are well constructed, double stitched seams - plenty of space for my broad shoulders, there is extra material in the foot area which is great as the bag doesn't wrap round your feet. For £10 you can't go wrong.

Cheers

JFW

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE