Scout Activities

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 22, 2006
North Wales
hi opening this thread for ideas of games/ activities for scouts and like groups, be handy to share our ideas with each other, so i propose we have no chatter in this thread just activities written out so they can be copied and pasted and printed! i would like to think this thread will take off and be a valuble tool to all those who teach bushcraft and encourage others to start, feel free to start a seperate thread to discuss the activities and would love to hear feed back on how activites went!
Hope we get some good ideas
Jamie

May 25, 2006
Canada
www.freewebs.com
Le' Voyageur Games! :lmao:

Games I was taught as a youth when learning about Canada's Voyageurs

First game is Slap-Push, two kids stand with feet shoulder width apart facing eachother. They then slap their hands together in a pushing motion, trying to make the other move his/her feet. If one is knocked off balance and moves their feet out of position, they lose.

Second game, is leg wrestling. Sort of like Arm Wrestling, but on your back and with your leg.

Third is Musk Ox, which is a game taken from the Inuit and passed down through other northern tribes until it reached the Voyageur. Two youth get into a circle (just a 10 ft ring drawn in the dirt will do). They get on their hands and knees and stick their head under the other's right arm, like a reverse headlock. Then they try to push the other out, while staying on their hands and knees, like two rutting Musk Ox.

They were all strength games, because the Voyageur were Macho Men (no, not like the Village People). Let them test their strength and learn a bit of history ;) .

Mar 22, 2006
North Wales
Camp cook badge!

really easy badge and managed to do it in one night!

they need to demonstrate camp hygene so i gave them a tarp and chopping boards which hey laid out nice and neat, bucket with water in to act as a fridge. the week before i asked them what food they wanted to cook and basically let them get on with it, they need to plan a days food for 6 scouts and for this i just made up a work sheet (pm me and ill send a copy no probs!!)

ilan

Nomad
Feb 14, 2006
bromley kent uk
Backwoods cooking with a twist . You can do this in two ways one in patrols . Give each patol the ingrediants + billly and two matches first to make a cup of tea and bacon sarnie for the leader wins ( hide!some tinder around the site to get them started) or split the patrol leaders /seconders into one team and the younger ones in another giving the younger ones newspaper/matches to get the fire going whilst the older ones get a fire steel ? dont forget to make it so they all get a bacon sarnie ! (Even if you end up cooking it )

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE