SA80 PLCE bayonet frog

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
they will take a blade 9-10" x 2" which is a large camp knife size - you may need to fit some form of retention system though

Cheers
Nick

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
I know this is Holy thread resurrection, (search gave this thread back) but i totally agree with badger.

At my local surplus store today i saw they had loads of MTP, DPM, Olive green bayonet frogs which i thought must have a use apart from there intended of course, but, when you examine them they are made of some seriously tough plastic lining which appears to be stitched all the way through, at first i thought there is no way you could get a laplander in there. undaunted, I thought there must be a way of getting one to fit this, so i went about it and came up with a solution.

In my leather making kit i have an old chair leg which is approximately (bit smaller) the same diameter as a laplander. so i forced this inside but it didn't open the slot enough.
so I got brutal and went to my 6 inch vice and squeezed it horizontally until the frog took on a similar shape. after a couple of squishes it made a perfect fit for the laplander, and the plastic retains its new folded state. so all it needs to be perfected is something stuffed down inside, so the saw doesn't go all the way in/down and become a pain to get out. (of course this could be remedied with a paracord lanyard but i don't like them on my saw)

so for £2 i got a superb laplander sheath that apart from handmade leather ones i think cant be beaten. its your choice of 58 pattern, PLCE, or Molle fitting on the back.

NuCmKHt.jpg

HSOO6mB.jpg

KZccXhD.jpg

9yg1YAH.jpg

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
wow that's definitely belt and braces. i suppose very important not to lose your bayonet.

Thanks for reply

Mowmow

Forager
Jul 6, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Fits the plastic sheath for a skrama bushknife bang on. It's what i use for mine since they NEVER have the leather sheaths in stock long enough for me to get my hands on one.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Smudge

Nic Le Becheur

Forager
Sep 10, 2015
Ludlow
I know this is Holy thread resurrection, (search gave this thread back) but i totally agree with badger.

At my local surplus store today i saw they had loads of MTP, DPM, Olive green bayonet frogs which i thought must have a use apart from there intended of course, but, when you examine them they are made of some seriously tough plastic lining which appears to be stitched all the way through, at first i thought there is no way you could get a laplander in there. undaunted, I thought there must be a way of getting one to fit this, so i went about it and came up with a solution.

In my leather making kit i have an old chair leg which is approximately (bit smaller) the same diameter as a laplander. so i forced this inside but it didn't open the slot enough.
so I got brutal and went to my 6 inch vice and squeezed it horizontally until the frog took on a similar shape. after a couple of squishes it made a perfect fit for the laplander, and the plastic retains its new folded state. so all it needs to be perfected is something stuffed down inside, so the saw doesn't go all the way in/down and become a pain to get out. (of course this could be remedied with a paracord lanyard but i don't like them on my saw)

so for £2 i got a superb laplander sheath that apart from handmade leather ones i think cant be beaten. its your choice of 58 pattern, PLCE, or Molle fitting on the back.

NuCmKHt.jpg

HSOO6mB.jpg

KZccXhD.jpg

9yg1YAH.jpg
Thanks for this tip. I recently acquired an old SA80 bayonet frog for my Silky Outback PocketBoy and on your advice screwed an old chair leg (cylindrical) into the frog, by degrees, a little further in each day and leaving it in for about five days. Removed the chair leg this morning nd found my saw now fits in perfectly - no need for the vice :)

Reactions: Toddy

Potatohead

Jul 1, 2020
Surrey... near a tree :)
They fit a Terava Skrama 240 basic plastic sheath perfectly. Great for saving money. No need to buy the terava leather sheath

And you can use some paracord to slap on a molle pouch for all your basic kit to keep with it

IMG_0908.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Smudge

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE