Robens Small Dreamer tent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
This tent is a two person tent so fits me and a few items in comfort..!! (just!)

However the tent goes up very quickly it is a clip on system and I leave the inner already attached so it take just a few minutes to attch the two aluminum poles to the fly and peg it.
The door is on the side and the vestibule is about big enough for to cook (with trangia) and to store your breakfast and shoes!.

I can just about sit up in the highest part of the tent (i am almost 6ft)

There is a view hatch on top and mesh in the door to view out however your head is in the wrong position to look out of either in comfort!.

The tent is well water proof standing up to a solid downpour and storm on a very windy anglesey this week. no leaks at all. However the biggest problem I found was the condensation on the inside!! there is just gallons of water on the inside fly and it takes ages to dry out. So the speed at which you can peg up and pack down dimish due to drying times!!

But as a whole the tent is ok its lightness and compactness make it easy to carry (almost as small as my HH hammock and almost as light!.

8 marks out of 10 purly for the condensation problem..

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Bumpf:

The Robens Small dreamer is a lightweight, strong tent, and with a hydrostatic head of 5000mm, making the flysheet fabric extremely waterproof, and the pole construction makes the tent very strong. Designed for backpacking and camping all year round, the Small Dreamer can be easily carried in a small bag, including a bicycle pannier and erected in a matter of minutes. The low profile design offers the wind a very small contact area and the numerous guy points and guy lines provide additional stability. Fast pitching and dismantling due to the clip-on system, and the inner tent remains dry even in the rain.

* Flysheet: Hydro Tex 5000, PU coated, Fire retardant
* Inner tent: Polyester, breathable
* Groundsheet: Polyester 210T PU coated, Hydrostatic head 5000mm, sealed seams
* Poles: Alloy 7001, 9.0mm T6, anodized
* Max/Min. load: 2.6 / 2.4 kg
* Sleeps: 2 persons

http://www.campingworld.co.uk/Models.aspx?PartnerID=1&ModelID=541

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
The tent is well water proof standing up to a solid downpour and storm on a very windy anglesey this week. no leaks at all. However the biggest problem I found was the condensation on the inside!! there is just gallons of water on the inside fly and it takes ages to dry out. So the speed at which you can peg up and pack down dimish due to drying times!!

Top tip someone told me the other day. If it's not raining when you wake up in the morning, turn the fly inside out and put it loosely back on the tent - helps both inner and outer dry better apparently. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds sensible...(waits to be shot down in flames)

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
Top tip someone told me the other day. If it's not raining when you wake up in the morning, turn the fly inside out and put it loosely back on the tent - helps both inner and outer dry better apparently. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds sensible...(waits to be shot down in flames)

Mmm the only problem there is that the inner hangs in the outer so if you do that then the tent basically needs to be taken down.. I found two ways 1 was to unclip the inner and drop it giving more room for draft and leave the door open!!..
This took ages..

Second was to remove the inner and hang the outer in a tree!

In the end I gave up used the hanmmock and fly -) which the fly got really wet in a down poor, hung it up on the back of the car whilst visiting the centre of canturbury and it was dry by the time I returned with my parking ticket!! go figure ;)

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
I have got to say this, unless your moving it, just zip it up and walk away.

Come back couple of hours, and provided no rain, dry tent.

I really like the look of the Coleman Cobra 3, as a new small tent. Any one used one?

spoony

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 6, 2005
tyne and wear
www.bike2hike.co.uk

I really like the look of the Coleman Cobra 3, as a new small tent. Any one used one?

yes got a cobra 3 didnt think they make them anymore now, have to say used in all conditions and cant fault, used for back packing and on the m/bike, they did a cobra 2 as well smaller and lighter, if you can get hold of one you wont regret it,

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire

Come back couple of hours, and provided no rain, dry tent.

As it would happen, mine is in the middle of my living room floor at the moment. I must admit I haven't used it a huge amount, but for the money I think it's great!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE