Road Trip

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
Heading out from Minnesota to Oklahoma in the morning to see Wing's brother and family. Taking our grandson, to college age kids, and Wing's folks. I offered to clean up the work van, but Wing nixed that idea and we ended up renting a 2006 15 passenger van. Should be enough room.

Packing up, and wondering what to bring in case we get a chance to do some bushcrafty things.

Things I'm bringing:

Packs

Tarp

Kettles, flint and steel

Shooter and cartridges - in case they have rattlesnakes in the barn again (always wanted a snakeskin hat band).

Hand axe, knife, and wedges (planning on getting some southern aromatic cedar and osage orange).

Camera, in case we come across something interesting to post.

Wing's brother and sister-in-law live in the garden spot of Oklahoma. Most of the state doesn't apeal to me that much, but they live on 20 oak forested acres of hill side, with a spring, creek, and pond. Very beautiful.

I'd also like to look up a part of the Ojibwe tribe that was removed from up north to Oklahoma in the 19th century.

Be nice to get out of the snow for a bit, and this is about the only time of year I can stand Oklahoma. Temps in summer are way beyond my comfort zone.

PG

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
RovingArcher said:
Pierre, have a great trip. Are you going anywhere near the fires? I saw that most of Oklahoma and Texas are on fire and the smoke is thick in some areas.

Hadn't heard that - guess I should watch the news once in a while. :D

PG

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
Drove 575 miles today, and are eating pizza in our motel room in Kansas City. It is 60 degrees F - T-shirt weather to us.

We went within 30 miles of where Langum's homesteaded ("The Norsk" thread), but Wing, who was navigating, didn't comment, and we didn't get any photos of the area. Maybe on the way back.

This is very strange country to me. No trees
(well, very few).

Breakfast was gravy and biscuits - surrounded by people who sound like they're talking with their mouths full of oatmeal (accents).

PG

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE