Recommend a YouTube Channel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire

Been watching this Paul Kirtley conversation with Mors Kochanski from 2019 whilst I cook and enjoy a Guinness this evening.

What a fascinating man Mors was and an example of a life very well lived.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
A few relevant ones from my Subscription list, some of these have not posted anything new for ages, but i still go back to them now and again and rewatch stuff, others post all the time.

I used to subscribe to many, many more but i've found the bigger the channel gets the more some creators seem to move away from the very thing that appealed in the first place and i soon lose interest in the channel, with some just taking themselves far too seriously and/or over producing their videos.

I also tend to unsubscribe from channels that constantly post "shorts", can't stand the things, i also unsubscribe from channels that are constantly pushing the latest & greatest products (read tat) that they have had for five minutes, and as seems to be the norm these days the underlying message of "send me your money", if i subscribed to every Patreon or 'Buy me a coffee' laden channel, it would cost a small fortune, but that's just my personal choice.

I've not put up active links for these, but a right click, copy & paste into YT will soon find them.

Barneys Bimbles
Ben & Lois Orford
Bushcraft Northwest
Cody Lundin
Fraser Christian
Frontier Bushcraft
George Aitchison
Greencraft
Hidden Valley Bushcraft
Hobbexp
IHatchetJack
Jarrod Dahl
JJR Survival
JP Lamoureux
Karamat
Mark Bailey
Memma The Cave Woman
MSB Bushcraft
Nick Goldsmith
NW Primate
Paul Kirtley
Primitive Technology
Rob Evans Woodsman
The Map Reading Company
Welsh Woodsman

Will Lord

Enjoy

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
A few relevant ones from my Subscription list, some of these have not posted anything new for ages, but i still go back to them now and again and rewatch stuff, others post all the time.

I used to subscribe to many, many more but i've found the bigger the channel gets the more some creators seem to move away from the very thing that appealed in the first place and i soon lose interest in the channel, with some just taking themselves far too seriously and/or over producing their videos.

I also tend to unsubscribe from channels that constantly post "shorts", can't stand the things, i also unsubscribe from channels that are constantly pushing the latest & greatest products (read tat) that they have had for five minutes, and as seems to be the norm these days the underlying message of "send me your money", if i subscribed to every Patreon or 'Buy me a coffee' laden channel, it would cost a small fortune, but that's just my personal choice.

I've not put up active links for these, but a right click, copy & paste into YT will soon find them.

Barneys Bimbles
Ben & Lois Orford
Bushcraft Northwest
Cody Lundin
Fraser Christian
Frontier Bushcraft
George Aitchison
Greencraft
Hidden Valley Bushcraft
Hobbexp
IHatchetJack
Jarrod Dahl
JJR Survival
JP Lamoureux
Karamat
Mark Bailey
Memma The Cave Woman
MSB Bushcraft
Nick Goldsmith
NW Primate
Paul Kirtley
Primitive Technology
Rob Evans Woodsman
The Map Reading Company
Welsh Woodsman

Will Lord

Enjoy

Hi Kepis, very kind of you to recommend my channel (Barneys Bimbles). Glad you're enjoying the content!

I share your sentiment when it comes to Youtube Shorts and reviews.

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
I’ve become quite a fan of Atomic Shrimp on YouTube. He does various things including:

- Low budget challenges, like a £1 budget for the day. These are interesting because it encourages experimentation in the kitchen, but also very helpful for people on a tight budget.
- Foraging and cooking the foraged foods
- Scam baiting. Wasting the time of scammers in amusing ways.
- Walks around nice places, sometimes with additional foraging.
- Crafts like tin work with a drinks can, or a tuna can lamp.
- Pickling/jarring things
- Reviewing dodgy looking items from Wish and places like that.

https://youtube.com/@AtomicShrimp?si=NI9CinLHUfHp5vJp

And it’s all proper videos, not the annoying Shorts as referred to above!

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I’ve become quite a fan of Atomic Shrimp on YouTube. He does various things including:

- Low budget challenges, like a £1 budget for the day. These are interesting because it encourages experimentation in the kitchen, but also very helpful for people on a tight budget.
- Foraging and cooking the foraged foods
- Scam baiting. Wasting the time of scammers in amusing ways.
- Walks around nice places, sometimes with additional foraging.
- Crafts like tin work with a drinks can, or a tuna can lamp.
- Pickling/jarring things
- Reviewing dodgy looking items from Wish and places like that.

https://youtube.com/@AtomicShrimp?si=NI9CinLHUfHp5vJp

And it’s all proper videos, not the annoying Shorts as referred to above!

I Like Atomic Shrimp - eclectic as you like and twice as heart warming.

Reactions: Chris

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Hi Kepis, very kind of you to recommend my channel (Barneys Bimbles). Glad you're enjoying the content!

I share your sentiment when it comes to Youtube Shorts and reviews.
No worries, its a good channel as it's honest, if it goes wrong you show it, like the time you had to bug out of the Bushcraft course, makes all the difference.

Reactions: Barney Rubble

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
Reactions: TeeDee

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
My late father-in-law 's "Time to Remember" series is now available on YouTube . The series was made in the early 1960s for ATV and are still an interesting take on the history of the late 19th and early 20th centuries told though archive film. I've been trying to get all of his films in one place for years and YouTube is helping. OK, so I'm biased, but he did win plenty of awards. It's a shame that he didn't hold the copyright; the repeat fees would have made a welcome contribution to Madame's pension!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE