Ray Mears Tracks UKTV

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
mrstorey said:
Quick question. Do people on here watch this sort of thing on DVD players or PCs, in general?

Personally I have a modded XBOX with a 120 gig Hard Drive connected to my wireless network. I replaced the standard dashboard with Xbox Media Centre, which means I can play pretty much any type of file off the hard drive, streamed over the network, or even direct from the internet.

:22:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
mrstorey said:
Quick question. Do people on here watch this sort of thing on DVD players or PCs, in general?

I have all the RM I own on my hard drive, but my wife, who in not into camping or bushcraft, will happily sit and watch his shows with me on the main TV, she thinks the guy is great :)

mojofilter

Nomad
Mar 14, 2004
bonnie scotland
TheMagicalBadger said:
I apologise if this is breaking the rules - please delete it if so, but for those who know where to look, some of these have appeared on certain websites to download.

Indeed they have, I spent ages on Friday trying to get a single episode up, and then yesterday lots appeared! :D

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
TheMagicalBadger said:
I apologise if this is breaking the rules - please delete it if so, but for those who know where to look, some of these have appeared on certain websites to download.
What website would that be then???

gunnix

Nomad
Mar 5, 2006
Belgium
If you ever look for something, you could try to search on isohunt.com . There's loads of legal stuff to find on there (and some other stuff).

W

Winston Dover

This may be getting of topic, but the other day someone listed all teh episodes of Tracks with detail of what they contained. I cant find the post now, I think it has been moved. I have recored some of them from UK TV Documentary and would like to know the order they should be in and also what ive missed so if that person reads this could you please list agian or contact me by pm or email with details.....

Thanks

led

Settler
Aug 24, 2004
uk
1. Building a makeshift rucksack
The survival expert dispenses knowledge on building a makeshift rucksack from natural materials
such as nettle string, and advises on navigating in woods

2. Lighting fires safely in the wild
Ray demonstrates essential skills for survival in the wild, including a reliable method of
lighting fires safely and efficiently without the aid of matches or lighter fuel

3. Natural first aid treatments
The survival expert demonstrates his knowledge of natural first aid treatments, ranging from
headache cures to bandages

4. How to harvest food from a hedgerow
The survival expert demonstrates his skills as he dispenses knowledge on how to harvest free
food from a hedgerow, including fungal `chickens' and pignuts

5. Unknown title
Ray makes a sip well, fire-hardens a digging stick, makes a bushman ostrich omelette, goes
coke can fishing. Lindsay Cannon looks at caves in the peak district.

6. How to make woodman's tea
The survival expert demonstrates his skills as he explains how to use the versatile birch tree
to make a refreshing sugary drink called woodman's tea, and Lindsay Cannon enjoys a spot of
mud-sliding

7. How to light a life-saving fire
The survival expert demonstrates how a stick, some moss and a bootlace can be used to light a
life-saving fire, while Guy Lindley-Adams revisits his childhood with a walk along south-east
England's chalk cliffs

8. Unknown title
He cooks up a feast of freshly caught rabbit, bakes a damper bread, and demonstrates how to
filter water to make it drinkable.

9. Building snow holes in the Cairngorms
The survival expert builds snow holes in the Cairngorms, while Lindsay Cannon goes sand
yachting in Kidwelly

10. Building a woodland shelter
The survival expert demonstrates his skills as he builds a woodland shelter complete with
natural insulation and a bed made from a pile of twigs, and Lindsay Cannon goes `island
bagging' off the Scottish coast

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
I had a go at organising a bunch of threads that have cropped up
over the months / years and it's here:
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=17687

Bit worried at some of the posts in this thread - we've just had another
thread shut because it was advertising illegal sharing of BBC copyrighted
material. Apart from that, it's awkward for the BCUK mods to have this
sort of stuff posted, but presumably they've seen it by now so perhaps
it's OK.

If you're looking in the thread linked above, note the campaign to get
the older series released, thanks.

Jo

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
tomtom said:
Guys, this thread is getting very close to getting shut down, Stuart has already posted a warning. I'm sure you all know that re-distribution of copyright material is not allowed and that BCUK cannot be seen to allow it to go on. Don't post link to illegal Torrent sites!

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=45

Well said this has been covered so many times in so many different threads :banghead:

If you have recorded yourself or can get someone to record these programs for you there is no problem, this is perfectly legal.

If you make copies for backup, free distribution, internet download this is totally illegal and you could be prosecuted for this. It is a heavy fine/jail sentance :(

We are all aware that there are some sites exist that films/tv programs/music etc are available on, however again the legallity of this is under question so PLEASE do not mention them any further on this site.

Beg or borrow a digital TV link, get a friend/familly member to record them for you but please no more of these distribution/copying messages :)

Reactions: tomtom

mayfly

Life Member
May 25, 2005
Switzerland
I agree that torrents that even allegedly abuse copyright should not be promoted here. BCUK has to be seen to be squeaky clean on this. But what I find irritating is that I've essentially already bought Tracks because I have a legal obligation to own a television license. I remember watching the shows and enjoying them, because I had a license, so why can't I enjoy them again? Perhaps it's because there are no geographical boundaries on t'Internet, and let's face it, some of those pesky file sharers haven't paid the license. But this is missing the point. If more of us had digital copies of shows like Tracks there would be more seeds and download times would be lower. In my experience, this would ultimately encourage more people to buy DVDs (if they were available) or at the very least create consumer hunger for shows of the same ilk. So there is enormous marketing value in the sharing of shows like Tracks. I think the BBC realises this, as recent announcements show. The truth is that the BBC doesn't really care about illegal Torrent streams. The digital genie is out of the bottle. What they do care about is DRM and ways to protect the content from re-use and re-mix, something they will never control without a DRM wrap. This blog post explains it quite well. Of course, some of us find the whole notion of DRM quite depressing!

Chris

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE