Ray Mears programmes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
K

Keiran

Hi there, I'm desperately tryng to find out if the Ray Mears tv shows: "World of Survival" and Heroes of telemark are available to buy on any format?

As far as I can tell, they aren't. But perhaps anyone out there has a couple of videos they may have taped of the shows that they could lend me/sell me?

Or is anyone particularly crafty enough to know when they are next being repeated?

Keiran

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Check out www.raymears.com and browse the video and dvd sections of the online shop. If no joy then email them, they are realy helpful..... they also come up quite often on ebay.

Hope this helps... and welcome to BCUK ;-)

Ed

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
The programme that was on the TV as "The Ultimate Survival Guide" is classified as Ray Mears Extreme Survival for the purposes of the DVDs. Set one contains seasons one and two (2 DVD, each containing 6 episodes). Set two is season 3 "Extreme Survival" and has the hour (or so) long programes divided up onto 2 DVDs again.

Both sets have Skills sections, where excepts from the programmes are used to demonstrate particular skills such as fire lighting, shelter building etc.

Paul K

Tenderfoot
Apr 29, 2003
In the woods
To answer the question, World of Survival and the Heroes of Telemark have never been made available for sale (as far as I know).

Like the 'Tracks' snippets, World of Survival pre-dates the 3 series which are available on DVD, whereas the Telemark programmes were made after these. You'd have to be more hopeful of them eventually releasing Telemark than the earlier stuff but, as has already been suggested, give Woodlore a call and ask them.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Yeah,

Ewan McGregor and Ray in the Honduran rain forest looking for ancient artifacts. It was pretty good. I taped it ages ago and felt it was good enough to keep.

I do wish that Woodlore would release the World of Survival stuff. I really enjoyed that more than Extreme Survival.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I asked Woodlore about the World of Survival some time back and was told the Beeb have copyright on the programs, I imagine its the same for the Tracks stuff. I do have a copy of the booklet the beeb published to go along with the tracks series, but there's not a lot of useful stuff in it really.

Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE