Ray Mears DVDs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
The extreme survival series were Ray going to various locations and telling stories of survival and demonstrating some of the techniques they used or should/could have used. There is good bushcraft in them but they aren't training DVDs by any means, in fact on the DVD of series 3 there are bits of bushcraft edited out that were in the original series :eek:

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
From the Woodlore email....

The DVD box-set containing the second five programmes of Ray's latest television series 'Bushcraft Survival' will be available from the 8th June. Pre-orders are now being taken via Woodlore website. More information on the DVD can be found online here:

http://www.raymears.com/shop_item_desc.cfm?id=398&itemType=DVDs

DVD CONTENTS

Additional footage has been filmed especially for the Bushcraft enthusiast. Ray has included: sharpening an axe at camp, looking after your axe, choosing and using an axe, splitting wood with a saw, how to light a fire, prepare safe water, using a birch bark canoe, making a container from birch bark, making a matchbox from birch bark, making a container from cedar, making a container from ash bark and also contains information on the snakes found on the lowland heaths of the UK.

The DVD will cover the following programmes:

BIRCH BARK CANOE – Ray with Algonquin canoe maker Pinock Smith, one of the few people left who know how to craft birch bark canoes using traditional methods.

CANOE JOURNEY – The canoe is the most natural way to travel and get close to wild life in wild places, Ray paddles down the Missinaibi River, a river as unspoilt today as it was three hundred years ago when it was the essential route for the fur trade canoes.

AMERICA - Ray takes a journey into America's past as he travels in the footsteps of Jim Bridger, one of the mountain men who opened up the route to the Pacific Coast of America. Ray makes a bull boat using willow and buffalo skin and spends time with the Shoshone.

SWEDEN – One country where the acient skills of Bushcraft are alive and in daily use in. Lars joins Ray to share the campfire and disucess some of the Swedish traditions and cook a salmon. He shows how pine tar is made and used on traditional skis before spending time with the Sami people, and Yana sings for us.

FOUR SEASONS – Ray comes home to the UK to show us how Bushcraft brings a new perspective to our countryside and its changing seasons.

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
neo_wales2000 said:
I got series one and two off ebay for £12:) well pleased with that

Check ebay, they do come up at the right price from time to time

Ooh nice buy. I'll watch ebay, but I'm always a bit warey of it. Anybody had any bad experiences with it?

Monkey

May 16, 2005
Lee-on-Solent
I have just bought from Tesco.com:
Ray Mears' Extreme Survival - Series 1 & 2
Ray Mears' Extreme Survival - Series 3
Ray Mears' Bushcraft Survival - Series 1
all for £59 including delivery.

I have also bought a couple of his books which were on Tesco.com for much less than Amazon/Play etc..

I am just counting the days until the delivery van pulls up outside now!!

Monkey

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
I was looking at all the TV things Ray Mears did. Is there no place to buy that one with Ewan McGregor, or those old 10 minute slots he had (were they 'Tracks'?)

snag68

Tenderfoot
May 29, 2005
Birmingham UK
Biddlesby said:
I was looking at all the TV things Ray Mears did. Is there no place to buy that one with Ewan McGregor, or those old 10 minute slots he had (were they 'Tracks'?)

I've been asking the same question, there is surely a market out there for these. I think an email to the Beeb is in order.

Dazz

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE