Proud as punch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Some of the 'older' hands here may well remember the posts i used to put up of my two nephews (the boys) and I out enjoying the countryside and the adventures we used to have.

IMG_0033 by Mark D Emery, on Flickr

Well last evening was eldests graduation ceremony at Chichester Cathedral.

Capture by Mark D Emery, on Flickr

Makes me very proud to see how far he has come through sheer grit and determination, next step is hopefully youngest's passing out parade as he has applied to join the Army, but we are still waiting to hear if he has got in, regardless, so incredibly proud of both of them.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
It's a great feeling isn't it? Being proud of our two sons and how they have turned out is probably what has given me the most pleasure in life. Two of our three grandchildren have now reached the age when they are achieving things that make their parents (and us) proud and junior granddaughter seem to be on a similar path.

Posts like yours are helping me to regain my optimism about the future of the world when the younger generation takes over after we have gone.

Reactions: Nice65 and Kepis

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Congratulations! My oldest grandson, James, graduates next year and is looking forward to going on to university to study nursing. It might well involve a commitment to a tour in the Army if they give him the scholarship.

Reactions: Kepis

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Posts like yours are helping me to regain my optimism about the future of the world when the younger generation takes over after we have gone.

They're a lot more sensible than many of our reckless generation for sure. My nephew and niece just turned 22. I'm honestly astounded not only how time flies, but what a couple of pleasant people they are to spend time with.

Congratulations Mark. :)

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Cheers guys, just dunno where the time went, i was looking at some old photo's this morning and they seemed just like yesterday, still eldest is well set for his future and youngest will do really well if he gets in the Army.

Reactions: santaman2000

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Congratulations, I can remember when my neighbours daughter, who I damn near had to deliver on the staircase, graduated, and I thought, where did all the years go.

Reactions: Kepis

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE