Pro-Tex Boots anyone tried them?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Hi All,

I have a pair of Brasher hillmasters and all do they are great for this time of year as things get wetter and colder and hopefully with a bit of snow they are hard to keep dry as the ankles are a bit low the moister gets in over the top. Then gortex keeps it there. So I was looking a cheap second pair and found these

So anyone got a pair? How do you rate them?

James

quarterstaff

Aug 5, 2004
uk
I have a pair but only use them in the winter,they offer good ankle support and are quite comfy(after breaking in),I do think they are a bit warm and have heard that some people find their feet sweet overly in them.The pair i have were a replacement for some second hand lowas so i paid well under the normal asking price.If i were to buy a new pair of boots now i would go for leather and carry a pair of water proof socks in me pack.
It may be worth looking on ebay for some second hand lowas as they can be had quite cheap and are what the webtex seem's to be based on.
Good luck.
cheers

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Thanks for the help and advise mate. Winter is what I want them for so I'll see if I can get a pair to try on. The ebay suggestion is not a bad idea I'll keep and eye out just in case.

James

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE