Primus brass pump knob.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Hi Folks
im looking to buy/beg/swap for a brass pump knob, the sort that fits on a 5mm Primus pump rod/shaft.

You can get them on eBay NOS for £3.95 but since what it's going on only cost £5 it go's against the grain to spend so much on a glorified brass nut. Truth be told it doesn't need to be a Primus one, just able to fit on the 5mm thread.

ATB

Tom

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
If I recall correctly, the thread ( on my pre WW2 cooker) is not standard Metric, but coarser.
If the shape does not matter for you, you might find a brass or chromed brass Domed Nut that fits.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Yup, that's the thing! If I had access to a lathe and a bit of brass stock I could turn one in 5 minutes.

if I wasn't so cheap I'd get one off ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PRIMUS-ST...843194?hash=item1c7c70ac3a:g:I1AAAOSwImRYm2eB

But since the Primus 632 blowlamp I want to fit it on only cost £5 to start with I'm loathe to spend so relatively much on it.

theres no hurry, I could wait until I see a truely knackered stove with the right bit just I've a lot of paint to remove from stone work and gas canisters do not seam to last long at all.

cheers!

Tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
I've been poking about the interweb and although I've found some excellent sites about restoring blow lamps ( heavy on the safety issues and testing methods which is great) I've yet to find a copy of the instructions for the Primus 632.

Can any of fine pressure stove / lantern / torch / lamp collectors and restorers direct me to a source of said document?

ATB

Tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE