Price of blankets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Thank you all for the infomation given .

One of the problems I have is not been trained in sewing and fabrics its hard to know what's out there and without getting your hands on it I don't know if it will do for what I want .

Time to get out to shows and have a look ...

Just a quick note on blankets there's blankets and there's blankets and if I wouldn't find it suitable for me I wouldnt use it in my shirts.

Twodogs

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
There are three reenactors fayre/fair/faires that all have woollen cloth for sale. Those are the ones that Phil (Decorum) usually plans a meet up relatively nearby :cool:
They also sell leather, horn, knives, blacksmithing tools, pouches, and an enormous range of 'stuff' :D

I wish they were closer to me, because I'd visit them all :D

It's a very good way to get your hands on the cloth, choose the weight and colour and quality for yourself.
Besides, it's a good day out :D and a better weekend if you can camp with Phil and co. too :)

M

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
Ask places to send you out samples too. I do this with canvas and leather to ensure I'm getting a good product before ordering larger amounts and it has saved me money in the past. Particularly when it came to canvas I found there was a big difference in quality that was not apparent until you hold the fabric in your hand.

Anywhere worth dealing with will send them for free, or something toward postage.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Those are the ones that Phil (Decorum) usually plans a meet up relatively nearby :cool:

The March Meet coincides with the Spring TORM event ~ or if you don't have the inclination to join us for the w/e, The Original Reenactors Market (TORM). The Meet site is roughly 10 miles from the event.

The International Living History Fair is at Bruntingthorpe the w/e 10 to 12 April (link) and The National Living History Fair is Saturday 28 February and Sunday 01 March (Link) at the Onley Grounds Equestrian Centre.

They also sell leather, horn, knives, blacksmithing tools, pouches, and an enormous range of 'stuff' :D

Indeed :D . Some fantastic fabrics are to be found and some of the traders sell tasty beverages and foodstuffs :D .
Stall holder tend to be a friendly bunch who are, in the main and if/when they're not inundated, happy to natter with customers ~ and several stall holders are members of this forum ;)

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
There are a lot of charity shops in Stourbridge Cliff, so you could try there for the off colours. Mine is holding up well and was really useful on the Ranges on Dartmoor. Just come back just needed an airing and will be good to go again :)

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Just been digging out the stuff we were meant to eBay the end of last year, in the process I policed up all the blankets i've got from charity shops in the last few years. Not including the ones I've cut up for making other stuff from ( say six ) there's 24 here..

image.jpg1_zpslhb7f9t0.jpg

I hadn't realised there were quite so many. I'll have to go through them and pick some to keep to use, some to keep for chopping up and shift the rest on to make space. My point being they are out there! And I have a hoarding problem!

ATB

Tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE