Possible Moot Venue

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 20, 2010
West Yorkshire
You'll hopefully excuse this but I was told that your members might be interested in our Scout Campsite, which is in need of drumming up business to avoid being swallowed up by the local landowners.

We have an 11 acre near greenfield site outside Huddersfield. It has wooded areas, level and rough grass, a stream (no fish).

We do allow properly managed ground hearths and there is the potential for agreed felling/ thinning to give fresh wood - mostly sycamore, birch and possibly some others.

The website is currently only available as our back up static site so has limited information but can be found at www.whitleybeaumont.co.uk

Anyone wanting details for a Moot or to run training sessions can PM me here and I will get back to you.

Again, apologies for the advert on my first post.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Welcome Chap; a new venue is always worth knowing about and I hope you drum up enough business to maintain the site.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
You'll hopefully excuse this but I was told that your members might be interested in our Scout Campsite, which is in need of drumming up business to avoid being swallowed up by the local landowners.

We have an 11 acre near greenfield site outside Huddersfield. It has wooded areas, level and rough grass, a stream (no fish).

We do allow properly managed ground hearths and there is the potential for agreed felling/ thinning to give fresh wood - mostly sycamore, birch and possibly some others.

The website is currently only available as our back up static site so has limited information but can be found at www.whitleybeaumont.co.uk

Anyone wanting details for a Moot or to run training sessions can PM me here and I will get back to you.

Again, apologies for the advert on my first post.

That's great of you to offer

If it's okay with Tony I might just bob along and see if it's fit for a meet.

What's the surrounding area like ? Is there likely to be many chavs kicking about, it's nice to know you can leave stuff lying around camp without somebody making off with it.

May 20, 2010
West Yorkshire
I've been using the site for the past fifteen years as a local Scout Leader and due to circumstances I have found myself as Chairman of the site committee.

I've always been interested in what has become Bushcraft, and much of what I have learned came from books by Owen Jones, and many Native American histories.

I put what I know into practise with my Scouts, always a struggle as they keep moving on and I would say that I operate at an introductory level. I know how to use an axe, saw, knife, but woukld never claim to be an expert. I enjoy identifying plants and bugs but I don't go out of my way.

The site, is close to a local village but we tend to find that if we have the site occupied the local oiks stay away. The last time I had issues with five, they were somewhat alarmed to find themselves caught in a pincer movement by 40 odd Scouts and explorers, some of them quite happy to do physical damage to the yobs. Not had much real bother since...

I'd be happy to meet up with anyone wanting to check the site out. The only catch, and it isn't really a catch, is that if it were used for a Moot it would be booked exclusively to the Moot and the price would have to be negotiated accordingly.

Anyone wants a look around feel free to PM me and I'll meet you.

It is my sincere hope that we can turn this into a Back To Basics Camping Centre free from theme park rides... I'm sure that you know what I mean.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE