Polar bears drown as ice shelf melts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

running bare

Banned
Sep 28, 2005
jarrow,tyne & wear uk
but as the report says the dead bears were found several days later after a severe storm! there fore you could argue that had the bears been within there comfort range then they could have drowned any way if caught in a sudden severe storm at sea not neccesarilly caused by ice floes retreating? just another way to read the article. dont get me wrong i do believe global warming is having a serious effect on weather and the environment but are they going to blame the wilderbeast dying every year on their migration to global warming.or just admit some animals are dumb and just follow the herd so to speak.

very good of you to heads up the article in the first place and i mean no disrespect with my comments. i just like to look at both sides and possibillities

tom

most reports i have read all point to the extinction of the polar bear. :(
[]
polar.jpg
[/

monkey_pork

Forager
May 19, 2005
Devonshire
wolf said:
most reports i have read all point to the extinction of the polar bear. :(

Blessed Ursus Maritimus. Up the creek is about right I fear. As far as I recall they are the most recent of the bears, and probably the next to go ...

:(

lardbloke

Nomad
Jul 1, 2005
Torphichen, Scotland
running bare said:
and i mean no disrespect with my comments. i just like to look at both sides and possibillities

Hey no problem, you are entitled to your opinion and didnt speak out of turn in the slightest (I wouldnt be that bothered if you did). I think you raised a very valid point and would hope that it is the effects of the storm that has affected the bears, rather than this man made disaster.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE