Pathfinder stainless steel Bushpot (as at Hennie's) vs Mors alu: any thoughts?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
Best pot I've got is the 1.6L Tatonka Stainless kettle... (no idea why they call it a kettle?) I keep it in my car with a small stainless kettle (tea type) nested in it, a pot grabber and a folding cutlery set.... all in a small stuff sack.
It's the perfect size for fishing and over night cooking. Along with my Crusader cup its all I need to do even a pretty elaborate meal. I hardly ever use my Zebra as its too tall ans narrow for most cooking.

cheers
Gareth

Thanks for the comments. I have a kettle type of thing. I'm looking for something with a spout, bail and folding handle.

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
I had one of these, didn't get on with it, so sold it on here.

I think it was Topknot who put the butterfly handles on a zebra billy, now that's something I'd like.

Rob

Handles on a zebra - I'd like to see that too.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Best pot I've got is the 1.6L Tatonka Stainless kettle... (no idea why they call it a kettle?) I keep it in my car with a small stainless kettle (tea type) nested in it, a pot grabber and a folding cutlery set.... all in a small stuff sack.
It's the perfect size for fishing and over night cooking. Along with my Crusader cup its all I need to do even a pretty elaborate meal. I hardly ever use my Zebra as its too tall ans narrow for most cooking.

cheers
Gareth

Kettle. Old English cetil (Mercian), from Proto-Germanic *katilaz (compare Old Saxon ketel, Old Frisian zetel, Middle Dutch ketel, Old High German kezzil, German Kessel), probably from Latin catillus "deep pan or dish for cooking," diminutive of catinus "bowl, dish, pot." One of the few Latin loan-words in Proto-Germanic, along with *punda- "measure of weight or money" (see pound (n.1)) and a word relating to "merchant" that yielded cheap (adj.). "t is striking that all have something to do with trade" [Don Ringe, "From Proto-Indo-European to Proto-Germanic," Oxford 2006]. Spelling with a -k- (c.1300) probably is from influence of Old Norse cognate ketill. The smaller sense of "tea-kettle" is attested by 1769.

garethw

Settler
Kettle. Old English cetil (Mercian), from Proto-Germanic *katilaz (compare Old Saxon ketel, Old Frisian zetel, Middle Dutch ketel, Old High German kezzil, German Kessel), probably from Latin catillus "deep pan or dish for cooking," diminutive of catinus "bowl, dish, pot." One of the few Latin loan-words in Proto-Germanic, along with *punda- "measure of weight or money" (see pound (n.1)) and a word relating to "merchant" that yielded cheap (adj.). "t is striking that all have something to do with trade" [Don Ringe, "From Proto-Indo-European to Proto-Germanic," Oxford 2006]. Spelling with a -k- (c.1300) probably is from influence of Old Norse cognate ketill. The smaller sense of "tea-kettle" is attested by 1769.

Thanks for the explanation Gary.. interesting... As a former language graduate I've always been interested in etymology...
Cheers
Gareth

cheers
Gareth

+1 (although I have the 1L nested in my 1.6L).

Tall, narrow pots have their place with open fires - where you can manipulate them so that the heat is coming from the side, as well as the bottom - but on stoves...well I got sick of burnt food at the bottom of the pot, whilst the top was barely warm.

I've had the Tatonka set for a few years now, and even though I've been trying to go down a more lightweight route, I can't bear to part with them. Frying pan lids too - very important, and increases the versatility of my favourite ever billy/ kettle/ marmite/ pot/ casserole... er... thingy!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE