paracord walking stick handle.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
How do i wrap paracord around my walking stick handle?
I picked up a nice staff while out walking the other day. I have no idea which wood it is as it was just lying on the ground and could have been one of many. I have carved some sections in it, nothing fancy just blocks of bark removed, and now i would like to wrap a paracord handle around it.
Yes i am a paracord junkie since i followed the lanyard posts............its all your fault im an addict lol

After using the search function and looking around the web i cannot find anything of help. This might be because im a bit thick or more than likely Im not using the right search words.......any links or help would be appreciated as im pulling my hair out trying to find this info. :eek:

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
kind of but i want to be able to use the paracord at a later date if i need to and that seems to cut it short. I will give it a go and see what happens.
cool site for knots tho cheers

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
It worked Thank you. I ran out of cord before i finished the length of handle i want. So off to the shops i go (any excuse to get more cord :lmao: )
:You_Rock_ :You_Rock_ :You_Rock_ :You_Rock_

Butchd

Forager
Feb 20, 2007
Surrey
Whipping is good, but if you want to be more adventurous, something like a plait can be used or a turks head. Turks heads are traditionally used to finish off the end of a whip handle which is after all a solid core covered in a leather plait. Maybe time to try branch out into leather?

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Hey Firebreather,
Ask around your family, especially any youngsters, about a craze thats going around the schools - Scoobies - they even sell kits of coloured plastic cords to make them. Basically its a sequence of repeated crown knots to give a patterned key fob type of thing.
Whipping would be my recommendation - or a patterned version of it. Start with a known length of cord and use it all so that you know how much you have with you on your staff.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Mar 22, 2006
North Wales
Well i been messing around with a walking stick today after reading you guys talking about it! hopefully this pic will work nd if it has its my first ever succesfully posted pic :lmao: quite pleased with how it looks!
walkingstick.jpg
[/IMG]

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
Looks great. I need to wax and oil my staff before i wrap it finally with about a mile of paracord.lol. Just got to wait to get some more cord as my local shop has sold out and its naff stuff anyway. :cool:

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
Cheers for all the stuff. I have been playing around with a few and think i like the first one best its dead easy and i like easy . Im off to learn how to make a turks head now so if you dont see me for weeks you know why.
:lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE