Outlast on Netflix

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Outlast is on Netflix.

Maybe worth a watch but I only managed 15mins before having to turn it off.
Not sure what it is about these progs but I seem unable to watch without the awkward cringe creeping in.

Anyway- the next sort of 'Alone' I guess.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I saw a trailer for this pop up last night - as someone on there says - it’s lord of the flies!

Alone but in teams but also with the drama that is craved by producers.

Harold Godwinson

Tenderfoot
Mar 11, 2023
Cornwall
Watched the first episode last night so can only share initial thoughts on this show.

For those who haven't seen it basically there are 4 teams of 4 who had to form their teams without warning meaning three teams chose each other and one team was the left overs.

Interestingly the three teams who chose each other are all similar people. The left overs are all different.

Oddly, so far, the left overs are the best placed to win but the rules of the game don't necessarily mean they will as people can swap teams etc.

As for the rules, each team is given a knife, axe, saw, blanket, tarp, cook pot and ferro rod and have to outlast the other teams to win the cash prize. Sounds simple but from what I can gather with my limited knowledge the name of the game is survival of the fittest so each team has to make the other teams quit be that by stealing their food or destroying their shelter.

Now I'm sure the camera crews are there to ensure no one is hurt but it is definitely Lord of the flies...

Reactions: MrEd and TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I've watched the entire season now in one sitting after having a word with myself - without wishing to spoil anything the social dynamics obviously come into play and the survival element whilst present becomes not so much of a concern.

Worth a watch? Yeah , begrudgingly , - I don't think anyone is going to learn much from a bushcraft/survival aspect unless you want to contemplate character personalities being part of that equation.

It did at some points make me think of this.

( Not that I've seen it )

Athos

Mar 12, 2021
East Sussex
I've watched the entire season now in one sitting after having a word with myself - without wishing to spoil anything the social dynamics obviously come into play and the survival element whilst present becomes not so much of a concern.

Worth a watch? Yeah , begrudgingly , - I don't think anyone is going to learn much from a bushcraft/survival aspect unless you want to contemplate character personalities being part of that equation.

It did at some points make me think of this.

( Not that I've seen it )
I did the same. Car crash tv for sure. You’ll learn more about humanity than survival from that programme. It was entertaining though if you like watching soggy people having hissy fits.

Harold Godwinson

Tenderfoot
Mar 11, 2023
Cornwall
Well I binge watched OUTLAST last night and I have to say I enjoyed it. There were good guys and bad guys. Survival skills, well nothing really to write home about but they lasted 35 days in Alaska in winter so that's something.

A few things didn't add up like at the start it said all they had was a knife, a hatchet, blanket and tarp etc, then later they all have sleeping bags and metal cans to cook in and such but hey its TV right.

Enjoy the ride.

Fortunately the good guys who had the moral high round won, but it was a close thing.

I'd recommend it.

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
I just watched the first episode. Not for me I dont think. And no wonder that woman got ill swigging from that stream like that - what do we reckon, shigella, E-coli? Clostridium? Cryptosporidium? What would be the most common?

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
No idea if they would accept a Limey. We do seem to get the parts of evil masterminds in mid-80's action films so there is always hope.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE