one born every minute?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mark a.

Settler
Jul 25, 2005
Surrey
I was wondering how a bracelet could be "practical" - I didn't realise that the idea is that you can unwind the bracelet to use the cord.

Still, £20 seems rather steep.

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
I started making a paracord belt a while back. Then I thought that the problem is that my belt tends to hold up my trousers and have knives and pouches attached to it - could be a bit of a pain if you're out and about and need the cord.
The bracelet Idea seems a more practical one.
But £20 you won't see me parting with :eek:

troyka

Forager
well once i got past the starting knot which stumped me for a short while, i managed to git one going with some cord i had in my tent bag..

my first attempt twisted and i found that it was due to me keeping the same pattern of tieing, and not varying the over and under knots.. it will make sence if you have a go. by the 4th knot you will see if its st8 or twisted.
i can see me making a few zip pullers and a key chain or 2..

Ian

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Great – I’m thinking of selling some of gear on EBay. I have a number of surplus tactical, multipurpose, waterproof, ultra light, storage systems.

Can be used for storage of kit, improvised head gear, fuel, floatation device, water carrier, transporting food/equipment etc.

Ultra light and compressible – always carry one for emergency situations.

Material: plastic

Cost: £35

Description: Bag (with Tesco’s on the side)

Perfect for: Muppets!

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Try rebraiding it with a shorter central loop, and braiding it all the way to the end so there's only a tiny loop left. Then pass both loose strings through the loop, one through each way. Then you can tie off the loose ends using a neat knot of some kind? That will give you a secure braid, and if you leave a gap between the braid and the knot you'll have a loop at the end so you can hang the keyring up if you like. You could also put a bead or two on each loose end if you wanted?

Hope that helps,

Neil

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE