Nomad hammock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ocean1975

Jan 10, 2009
rochester, kent
Hi all,a friend of mine would like to get into hammoking and has be looking at the nomad hammock sleep system.Has any body have any experience with them.I use a hennessy explorer deluxe,but he was looking fir a cheaper option,are they a-sym or do you sleep in them the same way as say a dd hammock.
Thank you Andy .

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
If its the one I am thinking of made from silk, its a fantastic hammock. I have been using one for many many years. Light weight, small pack size and comfortable.

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I don't think you can sleep in any hammock flat but I get what you mean. They are very roomy and can be set taught or slack.

This is mine

P1010027.jpg

ocean1975

Jan 10, 2009
rochester, kent
171384806539 this is the item number on eBay.I don't know how to send a link to item sorry,I'm still a bit dim when it comes to these things.But your feed back would be great ;)

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
I've seen it crop up a few times on here, no personal experience but the tarp always strikes me as being far too small.

ocean1975

Jan 10, 2009
rochester, kent
The tarp on the henessy which I use is about the same size and I have be out in that is some crazy weather and have been fine,but there is not much admin space so use a henessy hex tarp in the wetter/colder times.The main thing I would like to know is if there any good ;)

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
The hammocks are very long and wide so you will need a 3x3 tarp. I use a DD, cheap and cheerful but does all I need.
IIRC they were designed by Magikelly who had them made abroad and then kindly organized a few group buys. No idea if he has any involvement now.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE