New shiny + new leather sheath = Happy!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I've been constantly admiring and periodically playing with the brilliant mini axe I got from Cegga last week.

I had to do something to make it personal though, so this morning I set about making it it's very own sheath.

cegga8.jpg

It makes an excellent belt carry.

cegga7.jpg

But I've added antler 'D' rings for a baldric carry as well.

cegga6.jpg

View from the back.

cegga5.jpg

A close up.

cegga4.jpg

And another.

cegga3.jpg

Sheath opened.

cegga2.jpg

The axe slides out just above the head, so you don't need to pull it all the way out by the handle.

cegga1.jpg

I am so happy with this axe. It's light, but perfect for fine carving work and light chopping.​

I bet I could joint a deer with it in no time at all. I am so comfortable with it, it's like an extension of my hand.

Thanks for doing a brilliant job on it Cegga, and thanks British Red for organising the buy.

Eric

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thats a cracking job Eric! Looks great on the belt carry - I'm delighted to see it in the hands of somene who will give it a real workout! I'm sure Cegga will be too.

Always nice to see another fan of the baldric too :D

Red

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Yep, they don't come up very often! It was seeing one of these that got me thinking about the Hunters Axe originally.

I think there is certainly a market for a really good mini. The GB is too light for me, The Wetterlings is nicer but needs a lot of work to tidy up. A Cegga at less than a GB is perfect!

Red

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Too Much Kit To Carry said:
Are the D rings made from hollowed antler discs?

Phil.

Yes Phil. I had a load of small sections left over from a project so I ran them all through the bandsaw to make thin slices across the antler. The circular ones I worked on with the dremmel and made them into rings of various sizes, some of which are engraved with runic symbols. The peces that were wierd shapes I hollowed and made into what you see here. They make great 'D' rings and are incredibly strong.

Eric

Goliath

Forager
Jun 19, 2006
Netherlands
God, that looks good. Really wish I could make that kind of stuff :p

Ah well, I have other gifts ;) (i'm fairly good in photography and writing :p)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE