New Sheath

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

davep90

Tenderfoot
Jan 6, 2006
wigan
100_0031-1.jpg

100_0030.jpg

100_0029.jpg

will wetform and wax as soon as i get the chance, what do you think?:240:

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Nice work Dave, do you have to wet form though? It looks like a nice fit (obviously cannot say it IS a nice fit as i havent seen it in the flesh) If it is, i think wet forming may spoil it a little, it looks so nice.

You say your going to wax it, are you leaving it that shade or do you intend to dye it first? Or have you already dyed it that colour?

Either way, nice job mate, Tidy!

davep90

Tenderfoot
Jan 6, 2006
wigan
Nice work Dave, do you have to wet form though? It looks like a nice fit (obviously cannot say it IS a nice fit as i havent seen it in the flesh) If it is, i think wet forming may spoil it a little, it looks so nice.

You say your going to wax it, are you leaving it that shade or do you intend to dye it first? Or have you already dyed it that colour?

Either way, nice job mate, Tidy!

Cheers for that.
The sheath as usual turned out a little tighter than expected and this time I had cut the welt to take the shape of the handle rather than just cut it straight. I have since wet formed it to make it more fitting which has been a success:)
I have also used neutral wax polish and the wifes hairdryer to seal the sheath, which darkens the leather slightly and I think gives it a kind of lived in/antique look.
I'll post some pics tonight and you can see for yourself.
Thanks again
Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE