New leather for Odin

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MikeDB

Jack in the Green
Dec 13, 2005
East Yorkshire
Lovely knife but I will admit to hating the David Dickinson orange sheath so…

Apologies for the unsteady artwork, I had to do this by eye with a bone folder so the lines aren’t as crisp or precise as I would like.

DSCF1375.jpg

DSCF1376.jpg

DSCF1378.jpg

See what I mean by Dickinson orange! :yuck:

DSCF1374.jpg

:D
Cheers
Mike

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
Nice work Mike, and no need at all to apoligise for the "freehand" artwork.
One thought that crosses my mind though. Why not have a bash at getting some leather dye onto the original sheath and see if you can't get that down to a reasonable hue ?
I've been surprised to find that a good dose of Fiebings leather dye will often penetrate well into supposedly "finished" leathers that many might have thought un-dye-able.

MikeDB

Jack in the Green
Dec 13, 2005
East Yorkshire
Thanks all for the comments.

Yep, the engraving is all by hand with a bone folding tool, no tracing just sat one image next to the leather and kinda copied across, with a few additions.

Indeed, Fiebings will dye the original but I may keep the Tango sheath as is, just incase this one move on from my collection. I've actually got it earmarked as a winter project to re-handle the Odin, one of the reasons I didn't fix the keeper to the sheath.

Cheers
Mike

MikeDB

Jack in the Green
Dec 13, 2005
East Yorkshire
Have you used those runes for a specific reason?

:D Ahh, a man after my own heart! I was trying to figure out the inscription too :p

As you ask, :)

It was an inscription I was asked to put on a bag some moons ago and it seemed to fit.

It's taken from the Anglo-Saxon Futhorc and could be seen either as a literal spelling of 'Odin's' or a phrase similar to 'A Gods day and a Gods Sun' (as far as I can remember).

Either way it seemed to fit in with the knife.

Cheers
Mike

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE