New knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

snag68

Tenderfoot
May 29, 2005
Birmingham UK
Hi all

Just recieved my new Khukri which was ordered from the Khukri House in Nepal.

I have to say that the both the knife and the service are both excellent.

I've not had chance to use the blade yet but the build quality is fantastic.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b86/dazzpol/KHUKRI.jpg

The knife is full tang, rivetted to the horn handle. The blade is only 8" as I wanted a more easily transported and usable knife.

The scabbard is the usual wooden type covered in buffalo hide, it is beautifully made and looks like it will last a lifetime. It is without the more common brass tip to the scabbard but has a pleasant design stitched on in leather.

It came with the usual Kadra and Chakmak (small knife and file) plus some very usable tools, a pair of tweezers, a small and sharp hand chisel/scrapper, a leather pouch for tinder etc (but is perfect for a diamond sharpener. It also has a leather punch and another tool I haven't a clue what it does. It also has a spare position in the rear of the scabbard to hold a fire steel

I'll get to a proper review with pics when I get a litttle more time.

Dazz

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
Very nice!.
My grandfather has on too. He was a captain in the Gurkhas although now retired at 70 odd and living in Andorra.
He told me that there is a tradition that whenever the khukri is drawn it must draw blood. So when it was sharpened they usually cut their thumb on it before putting it back into it's sheath. Is this true? :)

snag68

Tenderfoot
May 29, 2005
Birmingham UK
I think it' a myth, similar to the one about Samurai and their swords. The khukri is used for many tasks and the poor Ghurka would bleed to death..

Dazz

Sickboy

Nomad
Sep 12, 2005
London
Wow, check out the buff head on the KHUKURIHOUSE site, 3 feet blade used for doing the deed on buffalo at ceremonys, thats some swing :eek: .
Anyway, nice Khukuri, a real tool if ever i saw one, the prices are superb, thought that they would be far more than that, think i've seen my xmas present already :D , the better half will be pleased......

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
Thanks for posting the link Dazz. I've genuinely enjoyed looking at the site :)

Hope you hae a great time using your new tool. It looks great (as do all the blades!)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE