New EDC

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
For a while now I have been flirting with the law and my EDC has been a locking folder, usually a Gerber Gatormate or more recently a ToolLogic SL3 (Kindly sold to me by Rapidboy), Well no more!
My New EDC arrived today - a Lone Wolf Loveless Cityknife.
ck.jpg

I fell in love with the styling of this knife as soon as a saw it and when it arrived today I wasn't disapointed. It feels comfortable and safe in the hand. The action is firm but not too firm - it is possible to open with one hand if necessary. It came "shaving" sharp and with a micro bevel looks easy to maintain with my gerber pocket sharpener.
Details
Blade Length: 2.60 in, 6.60 cm
Folded Length: 3.75 in, 9.53 cm
Overall Weight: 2.60 oz
Blade Material: LV-03 high-carbon stainless steel
Handle Material: Stainless steel w/green canvas Micarta inlays

ck1.jpg

ck2.jpg

ck3.jpg

All in all I think this is going to by my EDC for a long while.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
ooh lovely, i have been umming and arring about one of these for a while, there was talk of some quality problems from lonewolf.. any sign?

can i ask how much you paid for it and from where you got it!

enjoy it wont you!!!!

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
tomtom said:
ooh lovely, i have been umming and arring about one of these for a while, there was talk of some quality problems from lonewolf.. any sign?

can i ask how much you paid for it and from where you got it!

enjoy it wont you!!!!

No sign of any quality problems that i can see - it was mentioned over on BB but seems to have been delt with.
I paid £70 for mine from www.abetterworld.co.uk - had to wait a week but was worth it. Heinnie sells it for £99 I think. www.extremeoutdoorgear.co.uk have them also for £72 or £100 for the snakewood of buffalo version. To be honest I really like the canvas micarta :D I think buffalo would be too smooth and slippery as an everyday work knife.

cgait

Jan 23, 2005
Cwmaman, South Wales
A very nicely shaped knife indeed. The only problem I can see is that I personally don't like the scales. But I'm sure they come in other designs :) .

Oh and the slight problem with the law :eek: .

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
This is a slipjoint so no issues with the laws as I understand them over there. The example I had was nicely sprung with solid opening so it should make an outstanding choice for legal carry.

cgait

Jan 23, 2005
Cwmaman, South Wales
Its good thing that the blade is non-locking but still the actual blade exceeds 3" so it is deemed illegal without reasonable excuse to carry the knife.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE