New Bowsaw...wood finish..pic

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fjefman

Jun 24, 2007
guildford
Well, another project is almost finished. Just got done sanding my bowsaw and it is ready for a finish. Picture here share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AaMWjZi2YtmLe (cut and paste...sorry..still can't figure out how to properly post pics here) It is made of Meranti wood (never heard of it before..got it from the local lumber place)..it has a beautiful grain and I would like to use a finish that would bring out the grain and protect the wood. Any suggestions?

Also, I just reprofiled the handle of my new axe..not sure of the wood but would also like to put a nice finish on it. What finish do you recommend for an axe or hatchet handle?

Thanks,
Jeff
BTW..willing to learn how to properly post pics of somebody could direct me to a place describing the process.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
47b7d902b3127cce98548ea2231a00000028108AaMWjZi2Ytn

There you go!

Heres how to do it

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13734

Nice saw BTW

Red

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
I really like that, i've been meaing to have ago at one myself for a while now. You might have just inspired me to get the tools out.:)

Simon.

fjefman

Jun 24, 2007
guildford
Thanks for the comments everybody. Finish is linseed oil it is. Just put the second coat on...nice stuff, really brings out the grain in the wood. Hopefully it will dry soon so I can get out and use my new toy...on what I'm not sure yet.

Jeff

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE