Netto £14.99 pop up tent review

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi there, following on from toddys pop up tent thread here is a quick review of the rolson pop up tent from Netto costing £14.99.
SA400096.jpg

Adam my lad was excited to have a go at erecting the new tent.:)
SA400098.jpg

This is how it looks out of the bag.
SA400099.jpg

SA400100.jpg

I didn't get chance to show it being unwrapped as it exploded into a tent seconds after this photo was taken.:D
SA400101.jpg

I pegged it out with 4 of the 8 pegs, the 4 I didn't use were to attach the supplied guy lines.

So on with the intensive testing.
SA400102.jpg

SA400103.jpg

I tried to simulate some middlewood weather:D
But alas my hose was too feeble:lmao:

I subjected it to 10 minutes of mixed soaking from above and at approx 45% angle.

SA400104.jpg

It would appear that the weakest point as you might guess was the zip.
SA400105.jpg

There was quite a puddle at the zip end which was the lowest part of the tent. I saw no evidence of any of the taped seams leaking though.

The top panel is suspended above a mesh panel for ventilation with a 2" gap, I thought that the mesh was quite large and would probally not keep all insects out.
The 2 side windows also have this same mesh fitted.
there is a rear vent with this same mesh which can be closed with velcro.
There are a couple of lightweight pockets in side the tent but no hanging points.
SA400106.jpg

Conclusion:-
For £14.99 I believe this tent would make a great play tent for the kids or an occaisional casual camping tent in warmer dryer weather.
My water tests were quite extreme and under normal rain I feel the leaking would not be as bad. there is plenty of room for 2 people and a small amount of kit, bear in mind though that there is no porch storage for muddy boots etc.

It packed away easily after reading the instructions and messing about a bit.
The second time it was away in 1 minute flat.

SA400097.jpg

Sorry if I've pinched your review Mark wood but I thought that as I had the time this afternoon and a willing helper I'd have a bash at it.:)

Bodge:)

mark wood

Forager
Jul 25, 2004
Newcastle
Good review - I agree with the findings. There's a definite knack to re folding it though.

For 15 quid I'm happy enough.

Mark

Ok the tent has been outside since the initial review in a mix of weather.
It is lashing it down as I type and I have just been out to check out the tents bad weather capabilities.
I was expecting to see lots of water inside but was suprised to find only a small puddle by the door.I am pleased that it stood up to the severe wind bashing of the other night. I think for a cheap single skin tent it's doing quite well.:)

Bodge

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
How are they for condensation?

and are they better than Gelerts thingy at twice the price? (aside from Gelerts being availible in colours)

How are they for condensation?

and are they better than Gelerts thingy at twice the price? (aside from Gelerts being availible in colours)

Hi Tengu
The tent has not been slept in yet so I don't know how it will be for condensation.
I imagine it will be quite good with the amount of ventilation the tent offers.
Personally I would prefer a solid roof unlike this one, and control the ventilation via flaps but beggars cant be choosers with this tent.

It will get used for the odd nights out when I cant be bothered to put my awning up with my camper van.
Other than that it will be a play tent, which is the best durability trial for any tent imo.

Bodge:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE