NATO water bottle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
M

marcja

Mal,

What do you mean by cover? A pouch to put it in (such as the webbing pouch) or the cup they usually come with that covers the top half?

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
If you mean the black plastic one, then I don't think there is. There is a pouch for it that goes on your webbing which you will easily fit a water bottle, '58 mug or Crusader, and a few hexy tablets and a couple of six inch nails for a standoff. There is a little pocket in the lid for puritabs, and you'll get a millbank in there aswell, so giving you everything you need to collect purify and heat water, all in one little pouch.

**EDIT**

I thought these may be of interest to the good people of this forum. Being sold on ebay, a bunch of Crusader mugs. Some are cheap, one isn't. There are four in total. Try not to outbid each other!! And please ignore the wierdo cups, unless you're after a Blink 182 mug!!!!

Crusader mugs

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
No, there isn't although you may be able to find something in the older patter water bootles that has something similar. Incidentally, was there a metal version of the 58 bottle made for arctic troops? I only ask as I can see no way of getting the frozen stuff out of a plastic bottle! I'll eventually ask my brother, he was at 59, our commando squadron, and has done a few Norway tours.

Edit: Unless you are after one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36077&item=6548798336&rd=1

They are made for the foldaway shovels, hence the two clips on the inside, but a 58 bottle and mug does fit in. Hope that helps.

Jjv110

Forager
May 22, 2005
Jersey C.I.
I'm not sure what you mean by a cover, but there is the '58 pattern water bottle pouch which can only be fitted to a '58 belt, unless you modify it, or there is a similar version with high and low belt loops, known as SAS pouches, but I haven't seen these for ages. Then there is the PLCE water bottle pouch which is far better than the '58, because the bottle actually fits in it!
Maybe a '58 bottle will fit in an American pouch. It's worth a try if you can find one in a surplus store. If you want to use the mug that goes with it, I think the only way to do it is to use a PLCE pouch. Arktis should do an aftermarket version which is probably better.
Julian.

Jjv110

Forager
May 22, 2005
Jersey C.I.
I'm just thinking, I'm sure I've seen some use a shovel pouch for their water bottles as mentioned previously. You can put the mug at the bottom instead of the top.

Julian.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE