My attempt at home made floats.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
very first cheap and cheerfull attempt
icon_e_smile.gif
completely waterproofed with nail varnish, they float, so i reckon they should work
icon_e_smile.gif

just a bit of fun with nothing more that some pampas grass stem from the garden, youngest daughters make-up bag ( don't tell her ! ) and two safety pins
icon_e_smile.gif

canefloat.jpg

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
Some of the best floats are home made. One good reason for that is that you can make them from materials that looks just as natural as grasses in the water so they do not scare fish. And that's very important in shallow fishing. well done indeed :)

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Cheers Lee, i'm going back to basics with the fishing, what you see there is all the gear i need, it surely cheeses off the " all the gear and no idea" brigade when i catch more / bigger :)

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Cheers Lee, i'm going back to basics with the fishing, what you see there is all the gear i need, it surely cheeses off the " all the gear and no idea" brigade when i catch more / bigger :)
lol, been an avid angler all my life, and i too came full circle in the end, and when i go now its just for a bit of stalking, instead of the days, and days on the bank, forgot how much fun it is.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
i have a couple in the attic some where, one day ill blow the cobwebs of and give them ago, you cant beat a centre pin for the feel, to see that float trotting down the river, and disappear under that overhanging bush, is like nothing else, and to here that clicking of the reel, as you wade through the reeds.
my god some people don't no what they are missing.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
:)

one of the best sounds ever is when a "big" fish takes a ledgered bait and runs........the centre pin ratchet just screams :) no need for all this modern audible bite indicator rubbish.......i defy anyone to sleep through that noise :)

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
nice floats mate! if you need some porcupine quills try dropping a line to the various zoos,i got a load fom paignton zoo a few years back,also worthy of note is beaches hightide marks are usually strewn with herring gull quills,very good they are. also look out where swans frequent in the margins of still waters often i have found a few swan and goose quills.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
cheers FF, i live 2 minutes from the beach and have already done loads of seagull quill floats :) that's why i was chuffed with these......they're NOT seagull feathers !! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE