Must have item - Ebay

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

anthonyyy

Settler
Mar 5, 2005
ireland
Spacemonkey said:
It's almost as legible as my signature which looks like a stretched out 'Z' with a dot in it. Wonder how much I'd get for that?

Just sign the bottom of this blank A4 sheet of paper and I'll give you £2

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
All I can say is that it looks decidedly different from the one in my signed "Essential Bushcraft" book from Woodlore... He actually writes the "Mears" on it, on just one big "M"..

HMMMMmmMMmm

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
arctic hobo said:
That makes me think - you could make a good buck forging celebrity signatures and selling them... after all models to practice from are all over the net, and any ex-schoolboy has learnt the basics... Hmmm
There was a case just like it in Norfolk. Some guy got done for selling forged signed photosat antique and collectors fairs. He sold thousands before he got caught.
My ex boss who ran a hotel had loads of celebrity pics on the restaurant wall that he had signed himself (he never sold any but if anyone asked he said "as far as he new" they were genuine ;) ). The only one that wasn't signed was a pic of Brian Ferry, well one of our regulars said his daughter was off to New York to do a modelling shoot with Brian and he'd give her the pic to get it signed. So out of maybe a hundred pictures that was the only genuine one but we always joked that he was probably bulls*itting and signed it himself.

FeralSheryl

Nomad
Apr 29, 2005
Gloucestershire
Na it looks genuine enough. Just like the one in my 'Outdoor Survival Handbook'.

Just picked my copy up off the shelves at our local Ottakers book shop. There'd been a book signing a couple of weeks back, or so I was told. Pity I didn't know about it, it would have been nice just to say hello.

Never understood the desire for autographs myself. So many thousands dashed off. As they say it's the thought that counts and a signature doesn't usually have much of that behind it.

Having said all that I do love my signed copy of Carl Sagan's Cosmos. A special gift form the other half and Carl was one of my great heros... Not that Ray isn't you understand. Eeek, I think I'm digging a hole here for myself, gonna stop now! :eek::D

Lurch

Native
Aug 9, 2004
Cumberland
www.lakelandbushcraft.co.uk
Daniel said:
Doesn't look like the one in my Essential Bushcraft book, which he signed in front of me....

Wouldn't attach any significance to that. I have two signed Ray books, sig slightly different on each.
I never really do the same sig twice myself, added to that I have two sigs I use depending on context.

FeralSheryl

Nomad
Apr 29, 2005
Gloucestershire
Lurch said:
I never really do the same sig twice myself, added to that I have two sigs I use depending on context.
I can relate to that. Although my signature is reasonably consistent, I do have two rather different styles of handwriting. Not a conscious thing, I seem to write in one or the other depending on my mood. Make of that what you will. I imagine Graphologists would have a field day :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE