Memory Map

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
Have any of you used Memory Map Navigator http://www.memory-map.co.uk/ or Pocket Navigator pictures below: I downloaded the demo and it look pretty good as long as you are down port talbot way? it costs about £230 for all of the UK and the pocket PC version works with GPS so if you had an ipaq with a nav back you could drive to your destination with car satnav software and then go into the hills with memory map. Then all you would need is a hat mounted wind turbine to power the lot ;-)

Christopher

mm02.jpg

mm01.jpg

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
Just thought, if only Ray Mears would get Bushcraft published as an ebook (you can get US Army Survival Manual as an ebook) it might be worth that hat wind turbine ;-)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
clcuckow said:
Just thought, if only Ray Mears would get Bushcraft published as an ebook (you can get US Army Survival Manual as an ebook) it might be worth that hat wind turbine ;-)

Getting Rays books as ebooks would be cool. Good idea :-D

Jon

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 28, 2003
England, half way down
Hi
Yes I use Memory Map. It is very good for point and click route planning. It allows you to print a paper copy of your route or to download it to a gps unit. I don't have a laptop computer and so have never tried its moving map facility. The trouble I find with it is if I need to type in a series of co-ordinates or need to try and work with the data I have already inputed.

On those occasions I use a shareware map program, GPS UTILITY. It allows you to do cut and paste type things on tracks and routes, convert between differant formats etc. There is a forum for users and the author regularly updates the shareware. The currrent shareware is available for download on their website.
http://www.gpsu.co.uk/

Also worth a look is Anquet maps. Similar idea to Memory Map in that it comes with Ordinance Survey maps.
http://www.anquet.co.uk/

Hope this helps

Jon.

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
i've just got hold of some map software called FUGAWI (as in where the....) it seems ok to use.
quite cheap as well
sc

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Fugawi uses the same map data as Memory Map but I find that the memory Map software does more for me ... and I like the aerial maps!!!

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Gary said:
C of E only - bit unfair - dont memebers of other religions get lost then?
:rolmao:

Actually, I'm betraying my age here, I should have said Pocket PC powered device!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE