Members List - an observation

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

R-Bowskill

Forager
Sep 16, 2004
Norwich
Maybe another part of the reason for so many high tech jobs is that the people who do those jobs get paid enough to go on the expensive courses and can get the time off to go to things like the gathering. While some of us have to work most weekends, often at short notice to pay the rent etc. Please note I'm not jealous, I prefer having a job where I can walk out the door at the end of a shift and forget it until the next day.

But there does seem to be a few types of people on this forum if you base it on their employment, I'd put it as three fairly distinct groups:
1) High tech well paid jobs who can afford all the courses they want.
2) Outdoor Jobs like forestry, outdoor persuit instructor etc
3) Unskilled minimum wage jobs who do bushcraft because it needen't cost alot and can provide free food etc.

Mike harding did a song about a factory worker in Bolton who every sunday would escape to the moors for the day to get away from the monotony and dirt of his job called 'small high window'

HuBBa

Forager
May 19, 2005
Borås, Sweden
www.hubbatheman.com
You forgot 4) Low Paid High Tech job in the goverment sector who does Bushcraft but can't afford all the fancy gear so he/she makes most of his own stuff.

but at least i can drop the job when i go out the door at 5pm :p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE