Maxpedition Triad Admin Pouch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Like a few others on here, I usually have at least one pocket full of what SWMBO refers to as junk.

In an effort to stream line what I carry, and as a result of having to sew up yet another ripped pocket, I bought the Maxpedition Triad Admin Pouch from Heinie Haynes (no link to seller etc etc).
DSCN2040.jpg

The pouch comes in khaki (pictured), green, digital camo and black. Here is what the blurb says...
The TRIAD ADMIN POUCH unites three popular Maxpedition features into one low-profile, maximum storage organizer. On the left, they feature a sheath pouch with an adjustable lid and grommet drainage which can securely hold folding knife or flashlight up to 5in length. In the middle, a Barnacle-style pouch with internal accordion dividers and front flat pocket. On the right, the new phone/radio holder design which can accommodate a phone up to 5in tall excluding antenna. Behind these three features lie a bonus flat high-security pocket with hook-and-loop closure; inside are three elastic loops for further organization. It may be attached to MOLLE/PALS webbing or other Maxpedition packs using two short Malice clips. The Triad Admin Pouch is a bargain bin of features!

When my parcel arrived mid week, last week, I noticed that the velcro fastening the rear flat pocket had not been stitched properley, so I contacted Heinie and they dispatched me a replacement straight away. Full marks for customer service from me. :approve:

When the replacement arrived it was quickly checked over and was found to be in perfect order and was soon put to use at the Windermere Meet of last weekend.

DSCN2043.jpg

The combination of pouches works really well. I carry:-
  • A Gerber multi tool on the left, with a 9mm firesteel tucked into the elastic compression straps.
  • A basic FAK and a couple of lengths of paracord in the centre.
  • My mobile phone on the right.

DSCN2046.jpg

Behind the main body is a flat, document style pocket, with three elastic loops to keep items in place. I carry a small LED torch here, just visible...
DSCN2044.jpg

IMHO, the only thing that lets this item down is the lack of a belt loop, this is because it is designed to be attached to MOLLE equipment. However, Maxpedition have covered this by producing MALICE clips, which you can use to convert the MOLLE attachment points to belt carry. (These straps come in short or long - for the Triad you need short ones, which come in a pack of 4. They have a positive closure, and can only be released by using the tip of a knife or ball point pen and are supposedly unaffected by temperature.)
DSCN2045.jpg

In use, you quickly forget that you are wearing the pouch, which is a good thing in my book! Shown below modeled by Yours Truly at the Windermere Meet...
SA400064.jpg

Simon

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
As a Maxpedition evangelist (no ties to company or sellers - but, Maxpedition, if you need a product tester...) I feel compelled to comment!

When my parcel arrived mid week, last week, I noticed that the velcro fastening the rear flat pocket had not been stitched properley, so I contacted Heinie and they dispatched me a replacement straight away. Full marks for customer service from me. :approve:

I'm surprised that there was a manufacturing fault with Maxpedition - but I'm really pleased you got your replacement.

IMHO, the only thing that lets this item down is the lack of a belt loop, this is because it is designed to be attached to MOLLE equipment. However, Maxpedition have covered this by producing MALICE clips, which you can use to convert the MOLLE attachment points to belt carry. (These straps come in short or long - for the Triad you need short ones, which come in a pack of 4. They have a positive closure, and can only be released by using the tip of a knife or ball point pen and are supposedly unaffected by temperature.)

I can confirm that temperature does not affect these MALICE clips - well, not extreme heat anyway. Tested during Afghanistan tour ranging from Feb to Jun last year: no problems.

As you say, they are designed for MOLLE attachment but I'd always hoped Maxpedition might develop an adaptor for belts. In fact, the addition of two webbing loops at either side on the back of the pouches would resolve this. I'm also slightly miffed that you usually have to buy the MALICE clips separately as I reckon they should come with the pouches. Nevertheless, I've had my whole bodyweight on two MALICE clips and they held, so top marks for strength (was falling out of a vehicle at the time - ooops).

I suspect you will get long use from these pouches as they are so robust - I can't say enough about what I feel to be excellent design and manufacturing by this company.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE