Long morning in the woods!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I have just bought a new hammock and decided to take it out and set it up this morning. I opted to go to our club field archery range as it would give me some peace & quiet and let me practice lobbing arrows down range!

DSC00305.jpg

Anyway I got the hammock up and made a brew then lobbed some arrows at a Bambi target! Once the hammock was up, I experimented with a poncho liner as an underblanket which seemed to work quite well. I just need to figure out how to fix the foot end as it is a Hennesey and I enter it from underneath.

DSC00302.jpg

Anyway, target practice went well, with some accurate single shots up to 50 yds (in Field Archery the first arrow that hits scores - so I often just shoot one arrow), and some very good 3 arrow groups (by my standards anway).

DSC00301.jpg

All in all I had a very peaceful (long) morning followed by another brew and some pasta cooked in the old Crusader!

Made me think though, I don't get out on my own enough!:D

Simon

R

Runs for cake

Sounds great. Throw in a dog or two and thats a perfect morning.

Sean

commandocal

Nomad
Jul 8, 2007
UK
lucky nobody was lobbing arrows uprange either! :p , and make sure your hammock set up doesnt get mistaken for a target either lol

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
lucky nobody was lobbing arrows uprange either! :p , and make sure your hammock set up doesnt get mistaken for a target either lol

Thats the beauty of mid week shooting, everybody else is at work! Having said that I went again yesterday with a mate who works shifts. NEVER trust a mate with a camera. :eek:

After a hard morning shooting, a boil in the bag Lancashire Hoptpot & a brew I relaxed in the hammock for a few minutes - Just to rest my eyes you understand! :eek:

DSC00339.jpg

And no I didn't fall out!

Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE