Loch Tay

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
B

bushcraft Snow

i was just wondering if loch tay is a good place to go bushcrafting and also rougly how much it would cost 4 15 year olds to go

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have good memories of Loch Tay, namely doing my swim test for kayaking in the Loch when I was in the Army Cadets.
Its a beautiful place, you'll like it alot if you haven't already been there.

i was just wondering if loch tay is a good place to go bushcrafting and also rougly how much it would cost 4 15 year olds to go

Depends on the following:

How far you are traveling from
What your transport is
How long you are staying
How you are living once you get there (camping, hotel etc)
And what you want out of it...(canoe hire etc)

And yeagh Loch Tay away from each end is perfect for Bushcraft esp the North Shore:D Walk far and you will find lonesome special places there.

WS

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Quite fancy a bit of Loch Tay this year, is there anywhere safe to leave a car and leave a full days walk to a nice secluded spot ?? Perhaps picking the car back up a couple of days later after a circular route.

Rich

p.s Welcome to the site Bushcraft Snow

B

bushcraft Snow

Depends on the following:

How far you are traveling from
What your transport is
How long you are staying
How you are living once you get there (camping, hotel etc)
And what you want out of it...(canoe hire etc)

And yeagh Loch Tay away from each end is perfect for Bushcraft esp the North Shore:D Walk far and you will find lonesome special places there.

WS

we are traveling from just outside glasgow
Our Transport is by Car
we are not sure how long we are staying for but we are thinking 4-6 nites
we are living in a wooden teepee and we will also be camping in the forest
we are not too sure what we want out of it.
just some Bushcraft Exp and to do some fishing :D

we are traveling from just outside glasgow
Our Transport is by Car
we are not sure how long we are staying for but we are thinking 4-6 nites
we are living in a wooden teepee and we will also be camping in the forest
we are not too sure what we want out of it.
just some Bushcraft Exp and to do some fishing :D

Tipees at Crainlarich =Small wigwam £25.00 per day (based on two sharing) and £10.00/adult, £8.00/child extra
Camping=free
Food £5 ration box x 4 daily (give yourself an extra couple of pound each for extras!)
Car=depending on which side of Glasgow, a £10 each for a full tank should do you.
Fishing=permits £5 daily, but this is per stretch, does not cover whole loch

Enjoy :)

Quite fancy a bit of Loch Tay this year, is there anywhere safe to leave a car and leave a full days walk to a nice secluded spot ?? Perhaps picking the car back up a couple of days later after a circular route.

Rich

p.s Welcome to the site Bushcraft Snow

Unfortunatley it is becoming increasingly difficult to leave cars anywhere overnight outside a village near Loch Tay/Earn due to the vandalism. Loch Tay/Earn can have quite a few burned out wrecks lying at the side of the road in a hot summer. The best plan would be to offer a hotelier some dosh to park in their car park, they'll nearly always say no to the offer and offer to park your motor free there, just buy yourself a meal out of courtesy after your trip!

hey every one as you can see me and bushcraft Snow have a bit in common,
we have been working to gether on bushcraft Snow's account as we are bushcraft conpanions so i decided to make my own account.

i would like to say thank you for all the links and help. i am investigating the info you have been giving as well as the links and they've all been useful so far.

thanks.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE