Loch Lomand

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Myself and two friends went for a wee camping trip, out for 5 days. Original intention was to walk the west highland way but we ended up just camping the beachs of Lomand, and walked with detours maybe 40mi, so nice and relaxing! I'll be attempting the WHW properly come spring/summer when I can carry a bit less weight and have more daylight.

We were very lucky with the weather, pishing it the first day and frosty the last but otherwise beautiful Scottish weather. More pics if anyone is interested..

P1000243.jpg

Approaching Drymen

P1000259.jpg

Climbing conic hill

P1000256.jpg

Me on top of the hill. Bloody big hill, camera doesn't capture it but what a view over the loch!

P1000279.jpg

Sitting back..

P1000295.jpg

Hot chocolate + tea combo in my clatty mug

P1000291.jpg

Ross point IIRC

P1000317.jpg

Just before Rowardennan

P1000326.jpg

Freezing fog Thursday morning. Hammock and my sitpad are always last in the bag ;)
:)

Last edited:

Malc

Jan 17, 2011
Chelmsford
I did the length of loch lomand a few years back as I intended to walk to Fort William on the whw. I remember there being a couple of decent bothies on route which saved my beans as after 3 days of walking in persistent rain I decided that this was not fun. On the 4th day I made it to Crianlarich where I got a bus into fort william. Then I got restless again and to cut a long story ended up on the Isle of Rhum staying at Kinloch Castle as there only guest. The island is a magnificent place to visit in the quite months
Cheers
Malc

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
At the risk of being called a spelling nazi, one of our most iconic lochs is Lomond.

Nice pics btw, looks like a great trip despite the damp start. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE