Loch Etive

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
J

ja2495

Hi Folks,

Decided to have a wee trip down Loch Etive over the weekend. We borrowed a canoe and parked up at he top of the loch by the old steamer pier and had a padel down the Loch for a few hours. We found a spot in some woods to set up camp that was a couple of hundred yards from the water and next a clear running burn.

This morning just after dawn the loch was as still as a mill pond and the reflection of the snow capped mountains in the water was amazing.

There was a bit of a shortage of dry wood but nothing that couldn't be worked around.

Jon

Glen+Etive+Camping-2.jpg

Glen+Etive+Camping-19.jpg

Glen+Etive+Camping-20.jpg

Glen+Etive+Camping-14.jpg

Glen+Etive+Camping-9.jpg

Glen+Etive+Camping-13.jpg

Glen+Etive+Camping-21.jpg

webbie

Forager
Jan 1, 1970
scotland
pics look amazing, would you mind if i stole them for my background?

camping spot looks great and the trip enjoyable

webbie

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Fantastic pics - on a good day up that way there are so many beautiful views, that with a bit of skill every shot is poetry.

J

ja2495

pics look amazing, would you mind if i stole them for my background?

Help yourself. The ones I have uploaded to the web are only 640x640 so not grest for wallpper I am afraid. If you want a bigger one drop me a line and I have the originals that are 3072x2304. They are discreetly water marked though :)

The pictures that have the hills reflected in the water we down to being up and about at dawn. An hour after the sun came up so did the wind and the loch was starting to get a bit rough. The picture of the yacht was taken about 90 minutes after the ones with the water flat calm. I tried to get some pictures as the sun was coming up over the hills but my little compact camera wasn't up to it. Need to start taking my SLR out more often.

Jon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE