Lessons From Life No 3245

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
You live and learn....

I was teaching my eldest son rifle shooting, with air rifle to start with. To add a bit of encouragement, I put a £2 coin in a notch on the log.

"If you can hit it first time, Ross, it's yours."

Ross takes a long, long, long time aiming.

Zing! Coin flies off into the air.

"Dad! Can we do that again?"

I look at the tin of pellets, now containing 499 rounds.

"Umm, no, let's just practice grouping...."

capacious

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 7, 2005
Swansea
Lol.... could've been quite an expensive shooting lesson!!! :p . I don't suppose you'd like to teach me :D .........

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
hehe fantastic mate.. i use a film canister end on as thats about the kill zone on most of what i shoot.. you could try that though no doubt it wont be so popular with your lad! :D

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
:AR15firin

LOL Great story Doc!
At what distance did he shot that coin??

Don't think it was a lucky first time shot ... Not with aiming a long long time as he did ... Might be some hidden sniper-talent :eek: :eek:

I suggest to try it again with a 1 GBP coin and some smaller ones ;) :lmao:
Just to raise the bar :p

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
The range was just 10 metres, so he's not quite ready for the Olympics yet. Not bad for a beginning eight year old though.

The rifle is a thirty year old Crosman pump-up. Only weighs about 4 or 5 pounds and he can pump it and work the cocking bolt himself. Being a pneumatic it is recoilless so easy to shoot, and for a cheap rifle it's quite accurate.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
When I was with the cadet forces the marksman's badge was attained with 5 shots into a 25mm group at 25 mtrs with a bolt action .22 rifle based on the No4 Lee-enfield. 25mm is about the size of a 2 pence coin. With some of the kids you couldn,'t get them to shoot any better if you stuck a £10 note at the other end!! this said, the better shooters could put 5 shots into a group the size of a 5 pence coin.

One of the best long range groupings I managed was 63mm at 100 mtrs with the good old SLR (Self Loading Rifle) 7.62mm FMJ, no prizes for that though. We are buying our 7 year old daughter her own air-rifle next year, never to yung to get them started.

LS

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE